CHAPTER 25

Intimate melody fills the room, as Charlotte and Adrian dance, gliding gracefully across the dance floor, at least a dozen couples joining them. The scene becomes too much for me to handle, forcing me to escape the hall, to the women's restroom.

I finally let my tears flow, loud sighs escaping my lips, the emotions suffocating me. Please let this be a dream, God please. I can't anymore. I can't. Every ounce of self control within me vanished the moment I saw them together, hand in hand, dancing like a couple.

A part of me, desperate to run outside and stop him. But the logical part of me knows that I have missed my chance, the engagement has officially been announced and nothing can stop it now. Nothing. Plus Adrian doesn't love me. He will never stop the engagement just because of the babies. He will never endanger his dream, just because of a random woman he hooked up with.

But even this realisation can't stop these tears from flowing, my chest from strangling, my body from shaking.

"Sara?" A sweet voice calls me out.

Shit! I didn't realise someone would be here, missing such a crucial moment of the party.

"Are you okay?" She asks, her voice gentle

It was the woman from the other day. The woman that held me. The woman that prevented me from completely breaking apart.

"Yes yes I am fine." I reply, quickly wiping my tears and facing her.

"Are you sure, you don't look okay?"

"It's okay, I am fine." I reply, stabilizing myself. "Thank you for the other day. You literally helped me from not entering into a full proof panick mode."

"It was my duty Sara. No woman should ever go through what you went through that day."

"Hmm" I say, not knowing what else to say, my eyes on the floor.

"Do you love Adrian?" She asks, my eyes widening in response.

"No.Why?" I reply, softly

"The way you were crying and how you held Adrian and felt comfortable with him at your most vulnerable moments, hints at only one thing."

I go speechless, a practical stranger has figured it out, and yet that man has no idea.

"Why don't you tell him? I believe he feels something for you as well."

"He doesn't, and I can't tell him. Anyways, I completely forgot to ask for your name."

"I am Mayra. I am here with Oliver." She replies, her eyes still trying to analyse me.

"Can you please not tell anyone. Can this be our little secret please." I look directly into her eyes, trying to convey the seriousness of the situation "It will just complicate the situation more."

"Okay." She sighs

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Thank you so much." I reply, taking her hands in mine "Shall we head out then, Mr. Oliver must be waiting for you."

She nods, I straighten out myself and we head out.

The dance was now over. Charlotte was surrounded by her girlfriends. Her face hinting that she was complaining about something.

Adrian on the other hand, was talking to a business partner of ours.

Mayra walks towards Oliver, I on the other hand, quietly change my path. I just want to be alone. I don't want my dull mood, to spoil their evening as well. It's a beautiful party, my emotions completely irrelevant in front of its glitter and glamour.