Chapter 8: They Die, Or I Die

*Last chapter is coming up!!

It's either going to be I die, or they die.

The Volturi, after torturing Jacob and Renesmee more right in front of my eyes, let me leave with them. Harry had waited for me out in the water, and he was there now.

"Are you insane? Suicidal?" Harry asked when I approached.

"... I want to kill the Volturi." I said.

The three of them stared at me, wide eyed. "And how are you going to do that? You're going to have to get the entire guard, every single one of them, and the wives, too. That's 35 vampires, all of which are probably older than you are." Harry said.

"I know that, Harry, but I think that if I can get together a bunch of vampires who are on my side, we can do this. I know that we can get at least the Denali clan on our side. I know the risks, and hopefully anybody that I get to follow me will also know the risks of it. But we need to take them down."

"Why? What are they doing that's so extremely wrong? They're supposed to be good, not bad."

"They want to destroy the Cullens just because we're big. That's a stupid reason. They're not doing this because they want to make sure vampires stay a secret. They're doing this because they're power driven and all they want is to rule over all of us. It's wrong. They're abusing the power that we've let them have, and now is the time to stop it, before it's too late and the Cullens are already history.

The three of them stared at me, and Renesmee spoke. "I'm in."

"Uh, you're half human." I said to Renesmee.

"I can fight against Emmett without being hurt. I should be fine." She replied.

"I'm in, too." Jacob said. "And I'm sure not only my pack, but Sam's pack as well will be fully willing to take down some blood suckers."

"I'll do it with you. You know I'll support you." Harry said.

"Good. Look, it's already 4 against 35. We'll be fine." I said, smiling.

All of them rolled there eyes.

A day later, at the Cullen Home

"We're going to have to practice if we want to get this down." Emmett said to Bella, both of them in a hunter's crouch. The Cullens had all agreed to take down the Volturi, but it wasn't without difficulty. 

"Okay, okay, fine." Bella said reluctantly. I watched as they fought, neither of them winning or losing. I just hoped that it wouldn't be that way with the Volturi. We had to be better than them. That was a long shot, considering how all of them have been around probably longer than Carlisle.

"Ouch." I complained after Jasper attacked me, me not even being able to defend myself. In my years with the Volturi, I had never once fought.

"You've got a lot to learn, old man." Jasper said as he got off of me.

"Oh, I know." I said. 

"This is insane, you know." 

I nodded. "I'm perfectly aware of the insaneness of the situation. Yet it's necessary."

"So what happens if we win and then people stop caring if they expose themselves?"

"We either become a new Volturi that don't abuse their powers and are only there to keep us a secret, or we let the world know that there is such things as vampires." I replied.

"Can we do that? That would be a bit overwhelming to the human population, don't you think?" Jasper replied.

"They'd get used to it fast enough." I said.