Sherlock - Get Over It

"Wait here, Y/N. I'll be right back, I've just got to um...go to the bathroom!" My boyfriend lies for the hundredth time, as I nod with a sigh, my elbows rested on the table boredly.

We were at one of my closest friend's wedding. It was basically over, but there's a dance party going on and nobody seems to have left yet.

Molly was a sweet girl from the start, and she was begging for me to come to her wedding, due to the fact that I absolutely abhor gatherings like these.

But nonetheless she definitely deserves an awesome guy like Gregory Lestrade. I think they make a cute couple: Detective Inspector and Forensic Pathologist. I'm happy for them.

She invited my boyfriend as well, who just can't ever accept the fact of leaving me no matter how many times I tell him I don't love him and want to break up. He's a dick, he always ditches me to talk to other girls, like right now, I'll bet he found someone prettier, like he always does, that arse.

"Y/N!!" Molly dances over to me.

I instantly flash a beaming smile up at her.

"Come dance! Where's Luke?" She asks.

"Bathroom." My simple answer claws right through my chest and aches my heart terribly, especially when I can seem him in the distance making out with some random girl.

"Then come dance with me!" She grabs my hands before I can protest, and pulls me off my seat.

I scoff as she sways my arms in a silly dancing motion, giggling.

At least Molly's having fun. She deserves tonight.

"Molly! Come here, the slow waltz is starting!" Greg motions her over from the distance and she nods.

"Sorry, Y/N, I gotta go waltz with my spoiled husband." She rolls her eyes playfully.

"It's no problem, don't worry about me. Go on, have fun, tonight is about you!" I smile and she hugs me briefly, before making her way to Lestrade.

I smile at them both, before noticing my boyfriend, Luke, leave the party with that random girl.

I shouldn't be surprised.

The slow romantic waltz song begins playing, and everyone gets with their partners, dancing gracefully to the music, as I stand there with an upset stomach, my eyes burning with the urge to release tears.

Maybe I shouldn't have come here after all...

Just then, I feel hands. One of the hands grabs my hand and the other one wraps around my waist, as I am dragged into waltzing.

I have no other instinct but to just go with it, keeping my head down so he doesn't see my hurt expression, because that would be embarrassing.

"Sorry for the sudden intrusion, but I'm looking for a man, I saw him with you moments ago." The man's British accent says softly.

I continue to keep my head down, and I don't reply as we continue to dance. I feel that if I speak, my voice will come out all shaky.

"Can you tell me anything you know about him?" He asks again, but I continue my silence, hoping that he will let go of me and walk away so that I can get home to my painkillers.

On cue, he twirls me while we're dancing, and manages to get a better look at my face, so I just keep my head up now. My hesitance has faded, I'm in far too much pain to be hesitant at the moment, so I stare into his eyes as he does to my own.