Sherlock - Prom Night

A/N: Hi! Just wanted to let you guys know I'm taking requests, but please message me privately if you have any!!!

"Y/N! Sherlock's here!" My mother calls me from my room as I slip my shoes on and zoom downstairs in my prom dress.

I stop mid-way on the stairs and grip the rail of the stairway, grinning widely at him.

I've never seen him so dressed up. He's got a tailored black tuxedo on, topped off with a bow tie. He looks adorable. His hair is still messy, but that's the cutest part about his entire look.

I run down the final steps and lunge myself at Sherlock, hugging him tightly. He smiles and pats my head as my parents stare at us with smirks plastered on her face.

Then he hands me a beautiful orchid flower.

"Let me get a picture of you two before you go!" My mum says, snapping photos of us.

"Sherlock! Come here, I need to speak with you." My dad calls him over, to which he nods and walks over to him.

I can't help but giggle a little to my father lecturing him about what time I should be home and blah blah blah.

"Can you even dance?" My mum asks as the two men converse.

"No..." I shake my head and we look at each other before we burst out in laughter.

"You're gonna be fine. I have a good feeling about Sherlock. He seems...different." She rubs my back and I smile.

"Thanks mum. He's a great friend." I hug her and soon notice that Sherlock and my father are both smiling a little when they're done speaking.

"I promise to bring her back by midnight." Sherlock says, and we walk out the door.

I get in his car and sit in my seat full of excitement.

"You're excited." He points out, starting his car.

"I can't wait to eat the food!" I squeal, blushing.

He gives me a strange look.

"And, dance with you of course." I giggle, pinching his cheek.

"I've never really been out dancing.." He says, driving out of our driveway.

"You have nothing to worry about...I'm gonna be there with you." I smile at him, and he lets out a nervous breath as he nods.

"I am truly grateful to have someone like you, Y/N." He says, taking my hand with his free one.

I flush red and nod:

"I feel the same."

We weren't dating or anything. We were just friends. Really good friends. We met over a microscope in science class, and fought over it until the teacher gave us both detention.

I'll never forget that detention session. It was the best day of my life. We had so much fun pulling pranks on our teachers and he was just incredible at making me laugh, but that's a story for later.

----

We arrive at the prom and I meet with my friends, who play with his hair with me. Sherlock has the most silky and satiny curls ever.

The music starts to get more groovy and catchy, so I yank Sherlock up and start dancing the best I can.

He stands there and stares at me, before chuckling lightly at my headbanging recklessness.

Then, he grabs both my hands and starts dancing with me. My eyes widen.

He's got some moves.