Moriarty - Therapy

"Oh." A handcuffed James Moriarty smiles at me from my office door, as police officers bring him in.

It's been a year since Sherlock Holmes got London's famed Consulting Criminal behind bars.

He was charged for life, and in order to avoid the death sentence, he was due therapy until the day of his death.

Recently, his therapist resigned from giving him therapy for unknown reasons, and now I'm assigned to be the replacement.

The pay is plenty, so I could not refuse, even if he made me feel a bit uneasy.

"Mr. Moriarty, please have a seat." I smile, as the police force begins to leave.

"We'll be right outside your house if you need us." A cop tells me, and I nod in thanks as he shuts the door as he leaves.

James Moriarty takes his seat in front of me, and cross my legs, as I take some notes on my first impression of him. Surprisingly, he sits and waits patiently, but I feel his eyes fixed on me.

"Good evening, Mr. Moriarty...my name is Y/N. I'm your new therapist." I smile, and stare at him.

He stares at me with boredom:

"You know...I don't like these cuffs on me."

"Neither do I." I reply, making him crack a small smirk.

I collect my notes so far and set them on the table next to me, leaning back on my seat:

"Do you like...killing others?"

"I don't have an emotion towards it. I do what needs to be done to get what I want, when I want it, and if that means killing, then it's no problem to me, I'm used to it." He says casually.

"So, you see yourself as superior to others?" I ask.

"I am the king. I'm ruling from behind bars 24/7 baby, and nobody suspects a thing. You think a prison can contain my power? I could have you're entire family's throat slit." He sneers, licking his lips.

I squint, a small smile appearing on my lips, before I let out a quiet chuckle:

"I have no family left, I don't even have friends. So, good luck with that, Mr. Moriarty. Now, may we resume?"

"But of course." He replies with a hollow laugh.

He is truly terrifying, but I cannot let him get to me. I need the money.

"Did you have any goals, when you were younger?" I ask, setting my notebook on my lap and clicking my pen.

"When I was younger, before I killed Carl Powers...I wanted to be a detective." He smiles at me innocently.

His smile is sweet, anyone who looked at him wouldn't think him to be one of the worlds most wanted.

"Why?" I ask.

"Because, I wanted to experience the thrill of seeing a dead body. Later on, I realized there was more thrill in actually killing someone." He tells me, and I nod slowly, taking down more notes.

"Did you have any friends?" I tilt my head.

"Are these questions necessary?" He rolls his eyes.

"It's a routine follow-up. They're for any new patients of mine." I explain.

"I'm not gonna answer anything, unless you tell me something about you." He says softly, smiling.

"What do you want to know?" I roll my eyes.