⟪3⟫

Riya stood at the doorstep, a warm smile on her face, ready to welcome Nivedita and Dhanush into their new life together.

She performed the traditional ritual with a gentle touch, offering blessings as they both stepped inside.

According to custom, Riya wanted to proceed with the post-wedding rituals, but noticing the exhaustion and dazed expression on Nivedita's face, she decided against it.

Understanding the day's overwhelming events, she chose to give Nivedita the space and freedom to process everything.

As they entered the house, Dhanush led Nivedita to their room.

Opening the door, he immediately looked down in embarrassment.

His clothes were scattered all over the bed, creating a mess that was far from welcoming.

Nivedita glanced at the chaos and then at Dhanush, who looked flustered, his face slightly red.

Seeing him like this, she couldn't help but smile faintly.

"Uh... sorry," Dhanush stammered, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just... I have this habit of throwing my clothes on the bed. Please, sit down. I'll clean this up."

One by one, he began hastily picking up his clothes and stuffing them into the cupboard, trying to tidy up the room.

Nivedita watched him, a small sigh escaping her lips.

She had always dreamt of marrying someone mature, calm, composed, and understanding-someone who embodied the qualities she longed for.

But here she was, with someone completely opposite to her expectations.

After hurriedly clearing the bed, Dhanush turned to her, his face still slightly flushed. "Umm... if you want to change, you can use the bathroom. I'll go to another room," he said, awkwardly.

She nodded but then said, "I don't have any clothes."

Dhanush immediately offered, "Oh, don't worry. I'll get some for you. I have a sister-well, she's married now-but I'm sure some of her clothes are still here. I'll bring them."

She nodded again, surprised to learn that he had a sister.

A few moments later, he returned with a simple light pink palazzo and a white kurti.

Nivedita took the clothes, quietly entering the bathroom to change, while Dhanush went to the guest room to change his own clothes.

An hour later, they both found themselves sitting silently in their room.

Neither knew how to break the awkward tension between them.

The quietness began to bother Dhanush, so he decided to speak first.

"Hello, myself Dhanush," he introduced himself, nervously.

Nivedita looked at him, and his mind immediately mocked him.

Wow, what a start. She already knows your name, idiot.

"I am Nivedita," she responded, trying to hold back a smile.

Dhanush nodded. "I know all of this happened quite quickly, and I also know that I'm not your choice. But trust me, I didn't marry you to play the hero. I genuinely felt bad and angry at what people were saying, and... above all, I really like you."

Nivedita's eyes widened in shock.

She stared at him, stunned, as Dhanush got flustered by her gaze. "Please stop looking at me with your big, beautiful eyes," he blurted out, flustered.