⟪4⟫

Samriddh parked his car outside "Bakes and Bliss," Suhani's bakery, planning to buy fruit tarts and walnut brownies.

His sister-in-law loved them, and with Saanvi visiting, it seemed like the perfect excuse to swing by and pick up some sweets.

But more than that, he found himself unusually eager to see Suhani, something that surprised him.

Stepping inside, his eyes scanned the cozy bakery.

The warm scent of freshly baked goods wafted through the air, but Suhani was nowhere in sight.

Disappointed, he frowned, his gaze flickering to the server who approached him with a polite smile.

"What would you like to order, sir?" the server asked.

Without missing a beat, Samriddh said, "Suhani."

The server blinked in surprise, clearly caught off guard. "Sorry?"

Samriddh cleared his throat, realizing how that sounded. "I mean... where is Suhani?"

The server gave him a knowing smile. "Suhani didi is in the back garden."

Samriddh nodded, feeling a little awkward.

He made his way through the bakery, pushing open the door to the backyard.

The sight that greeted him stopped him dead in his tracks.

Suhani was sitting at a small garden table with some guy, her hand resting on his palm.

Samriddh's jaw tightened instantly, and a wave of uneasiness swept over him.

His fists clenched at his sides, and his subconscious mind mocked him with a single truth: You're bloody jealous, nothing else.

The guy leaned forward, his hand starting to move towards Suhani's again.

That was it.

"Suhani!" Samriddh's voice rang out sharply.

Both Suhani and the guy startled, turning to see him standing there, his expression dark and unreadable.

Suhani, blinking in confusion, stood up and made her way toward him, her face lighting up with surprise.

"You? Here?" she asked, clearly amused to see him in her bakery.

Samriddh's irritation bubbled over. "Kyun? Mera aana ban hai kya yaha?"

Suhani frowned. "No, I didn't mean that. I just-"

"Toh kya matlab tha tumhara?" Samriddh cut her off, his voice laced with frustration.

"I mean, you rarely come here, so I was just surprised..." she explained, trying to make sense of his mood.

Samriddh's eyes flicked to the guy who was still standing by the table and then back to her. "Kyun, maine tumhara koi romantic moment kharab kar diya kya?"

Suhani blinked, taken aback by his sudden jab.

Over the past few days, she had barely spoken to him, and yet here he was, grumpier than ever.

She turned around to glance at the guy again, wondering what had triggered Samriddh's outburst.

Seeing her turn back to look at the guy only seemed to aggravate Samriddh more.

With clenched fists and a sharp edge in his voice, he muttered, "Itna bhi koi khaas nahi hai jo tum peeche mud ke usse dekh rahi ho."

Suhani whipped her head around, confused and slightly shocked. "What do you mean?"