Derek.

Hello everyone.This is my first book and as always first chapters aren't always the bomb but I promise you oozs and aaaas as you go on.Thank you for reading my book.

A loud bang woke me up from a dreamless sleep, as to whom the culprit was, I was unsure.

"Who's there?".I said.

"It's me."she whispered,her small voice echoing throughout the hallway.

I stood up and opened the door.She stood there in her pink pyjamas,cuddling her teddy bear to her chest and crying uncontrollably.

"What do you want?".I asked, trying to hide the urge to shout on her.I wasn't a cruel person,but my head was still foggy from sleep and I didn't have the strength to deal with tears at the moment.

"I had a dream of mum".she sniffed, wiping away the tears from her cheek.

I rubbed my tired eyes still blinded by sleep and looked at her Tentatively.

"I can't sleep in my room. Can I stay with you, please?!".She suddenly burst out with her small frantic voice.

I squeezed my eyes shut and bit back all the reasons why I should have said 'No' ."okay," I said calmly. Funny enough, I was surprised by my agreement; I never allowed anyone sleep on my bed.

"Thank you." She whispered, shoving her way into my room and settling on my bed, after a few rolls and whimpers, she closed her eyes and fell into a silent sleep.

I stared at her as she snored lightly, her long, sandy - brown hair just like mine was pulled tightly into a ponytail and squeezed tightly in her arms was her stuffed white teddy bear -MR. Leo. I came closer to her and tucked her in, patting her head softly.

"Nothing is going to happen".I said reassuringly.l laid down beside her, facing the white ceiling, closing my eyes and returning back to my formal position.

I found myself in the middle of a forest, it was dark but I still saw the trees and for some strange reason I had the urge to run. I felt like something was after me. I turned around to check, but there was no-one there.

"What do you want?".I shouted.

"Don't you remember me?" .It laughed, still trailing behind me.

"Leave me alone,".I screamed, trying to increase my speed.

"Derek, wake up!".I heard someone scream, shaking me with cold hands.

I opened my eyes to see Penelope on top of me, she  heaved a sigh of relief, as she saw me give her a stern smile.

Before I could protest, she  used her tiny palms to cover my mouth and muttered "Am glad you're Okay,". She smiled, hugging me like she would to Mr.Leo. Her  long hair enveloped both of us,blocking me from any view of light.

I stiffened at first as I tried recalling how to hug someone.I followed my instincts and wrapped my arms around her,I hugged her back and stroked her hair slowly,feeling her chest rising and drops of tears soaking my shirt.

Penelope is the youngest amongst us, the only girl to be precise, her blue eyes and fair skin were the features she inherited from my deceased mother. It was seven years ago since she died, living I and Liam the responsibility of being a guardian to her, but after the incident, I was the one left with the responsibility. Our father was hardly around, his only priorities were money-he was the controller of everything and anything he held his hands upon. Ever since the death of my mother he had never been the same, he neither smiled nor laughed, but I wouldn't blame him for I too had also forgotten what happiness felt like. Being the son of the name everyone respected I was expected to take over from my father, the way he walked, dressed and spoke. I lived a life that I had no control of and it was killing me slowly.

Or so I thought.......

What do you think?,Comments are very much relevant. Time for the real fun to begin.