chapter 2.

Hi guys,love you soo much that I just had to update. Silent readers be loud and tell me what you think.Not to brag or anything but 284 reads (jumping on the bed). Thanks alot my munchikins.
***************************************************************

To live is the rarest thing,
Most people exist,
And that is all.
    -Anonymous

Derek.

After a while, the car came to a sudden stop.I stretched my head out from the window expecting to be greeted by the familiar scent of jasmine flowers from the garden.

It took me a moment to realize that we weren't at front of the white diamond shaped gate.

"Why are we here?" I asked Gremlin.

"We will be staying here until the robber is caught. "

"What robber?,Is this a joke". I mused, pulling Penelope closer to me.

"I wish it were." He replied sternly and ended the topic before driving into the black gate that opened up automatically.

The gold dolphin statue was the first glimpse I got as Gremlin drove slowly around it , the short rose bushes were trimmed exactly at the same height, exhibiting different shapes of animals. I squinted my eyes just in time to see white swans gathered at the small pond by the side of the house,decorated with tiny lights floating above the water and rose petals littered inside, I watched as the swans swam around each other, shaking their feathers once in a while.

The smell of freshly baked cookies wrapped around my stomach as I inhaled more of it.

Chocolate chipped.

"Derek." Gremlin called lowly.

My attention was fixed only on where the smell of the cookies were coming from that I did not notice that Penelope was no longer beside me.

"Derek." He tapped my lap, waking me up from my trance.

"Yesss." I answered dreamily.

"We are here." He said, stepping out of the car.

I smiled at the mansion infront of me. The house was made of glass,every inch of it from the windows to the roof. Penelope ran quickly to it, forgetting her bag pack in the car.

"P. " I called after her but she had already zoomed in.

I sighed, retreating back to the car and swung her purple bag on my right shoulder,holding my black blazer on my other hand.

"She's excited."Gremlin smiled at me.

I nodded as he escorted me and opened the door.

The smell of cookies washed over me once more as the smell got stronger inside the house. The inside was nothing compared to the outside, the walls were decorated with marble chips flickering a dim light. The curtains were opened revealing the dark beauty of the moon light. My eyes came to a rest at the big hearth at the Centre of the living room.

"This is awseome". Penelope squealed,looking down at me from the curling stairs

I grinned up at her and she gestured for me to come up.

She led me into a room where the smell of cookies came from.I stood there frozen as I saw different kinds of chocolate chipped cookies, all dozens of them calling me to take a bite.

"Here you go." Penelope said, standing on her tip-toes and reaching for my lips.

I carried her up to my chest and smiled at her as she stuffed a chocolate covered cookie into my mouth. I moaned as the warm taste melted into my tongue which made her laugh.

She was the only one that could make me turn soft and bury my cold side just by looking at her.

"I see you like the house."Someone said from behind me.

I turned around with Penelope in my arms to see my father still dressed in his work clothes.

"Daddy. "Penelope jumped from my arms and ran to meet him with her hands opened wildly for a comforting hug. He brushed her off before she could grasp him and walked forward to me leaving her to look up at him wide-eyed.

"Am tired". He replied in disgust.

Penelope wiped the tear forming in her eyes and walked out silently from the room.

"She's a chil-".

"How was your meeting with Mr. Mark?". He cut in.

"Okay".I replied, shocked to see his concern for money more than his own daughter.

His eyes watched me cautiously as I swallowed the last bit of the cookie. He nodded at me and walked away like that was the only relevant thing he expected to hear.I took a stroll round the house, fascinated at the lights that lit up as I clap my hands and the warming view of the stars as I stared up at the roof. I came to a conclusion that it was a five bedroom flat with three living rooms, a kitchen and a study room.

Not as big as the other one.

I looked through the window again, hoping to see the swans settling in the pond once again. A sudden shock washed over me at the sight of Penelope throwing stones at the lake and shouting at the top of her lungs.

I tried calling out for her but the window as I guessed was sound proof.My heart beated fast in my chest as she pulled off her shoes and rolled up her sleeve preparing to...

No.

I rushed quickly down the steps,silently praying that she was still okay and did not do something stupid yet.I flung the door open and raced to her side, just in time to hold her before she jumped into the lake,I used my blazer to wrap her, warming her cold, shivering body.

"What were you thinking, P." I kneeled and hugged her to my chest, rubbing her back as she sobbed.

"The bird refused to fly away and da-ad..... " She bursted out, flinging her hands around my neck.

I placed her on my lap, whispering soft words to her ears and rocked her until her cries slowly died down.

He was the reason why she was constantly thinking.I couldn't tell her at such a young age that her own father didn't give a f*ck if we were dead or alive.

"Derek. Promise you won't leave like mum did". She yawned into my ear and fell asleep.

I carried her sleeping body to an empty room and lay her down on the king sized bed, pulling her stocking from her feet and tucking her in.

"MR. Leo". She rustled and turned, searching for her favourite stuffed pet.

I laid beside her and placed my hands across her chest, rubbing her cheeks and clapped for the lights to turn off,locks of her hair flew on my face as she turned towards my direction and held me like how she would to,Mr. Leo.

"I won't leave."I said and shut my eyes.

*********.

How was that for a ruthless person. An applause pls. Just kidding, dedicating this chapter to Kimberlur. Thank you loads for being a supportive friend. If this chapter is too short sorry I'll keep to my promise.

Vote, comment and share if you like this chapter.

Hi! Silent readers.

Lots of love

Jay_ xoxo