chapter 8

"You don't always need a plan.
Sometimes you just need to breathe,trust,
Let go and see what happens next."
                    - Mandy Hale.

Selami.

I had experienced different kinds of torture but none was as worse as the feel of the constant plucking of my eyebrows.

"So much hair," She complained.

I couldn't help but wish that this was all a dream and the white tiled room with different beauty supplies would vanish leaving me to wake up back in my bed, munching on fruits and drawing crazy designs on my sketch pad. When oliver had said that I  needed to be "camera worthy", I figured he would fit me into denim jeans,sweat shirt and strapless sandals.

But that was far from his description of camera worthy. I was seated on a white comfy seat, spreading my legs against a soft cushion and watched as someone advanced there way towards me.

"What you doing ?," I asked the blonde girl who had led me into this room.

"Just hold on to something," she warned, plastering something white on my legs.

"What?...wwhhhh....."

Immediately, she yanked the white stuff harshly of my legs sending me screaming in pain.

"Òbara Chinèkè (blood of jesus)," I whinsed, landing on the floor beside the bed,cradling my hairless legs to my chest.

"Okay," she cleared her throat, tossing a towel to hide  my naked  body.

"Sorry to say but you have hairs like a monkey," she giggled, helping me up to my feet.

I glared at her, holding the towel securely around my body.

"We done?," I asked, scanning the room for more machines that looked deadly.

"Not...yet," Another blonde said from across the room handing me a pink bag

"Twins?." I said, staring at them suspiciously.

"No" They both said in unison.

"Am Jenny, "The blonde one who had just raped my legs said.

"And am Alec," The other one said examining me.

"Okay," I nodded, fiddling nervously with my fingers."can you go?," I bursted out.

They both looked at me blankly and nodded before leaving the room.

I heaved a sigh of relief and allowed my towel to fall down from my chest. I couldn't ignore the huge purple mark at the centre of my belly turning a bit dark.I opened the pink bag and scooped out a black net pant which could be mistaken for a rope with matching lace bra. The pant covered only the middle of my butt line making me feel very uncomfortable as I plucked it out continously out of my insides.

"Can we come in?," Jenny asked, peeping from the door.

"Yes," I said, quickly grabbing my towel and adjusting my pant once more.

"Time for your skin tan," Alec said, nudging me to the tent at the centre of the room.

"What is a tan...?" I asked looking down at my skin.

"You'll soon find out," Jenny's eyes smiled wickedly

I sighed in frustration and walked into the white tent  with my towel still wrapped around my body.

"Towels off, Annabelle," Alec ordered,attaching a cable into the silk tent.

I hesitated for a while and turned to face the tent and tugged the towel off.