chapter 26

I am not special just another girl
Who is afraid to love.
      -J_naaali.

"Good morning,sir." Claire greeted as I walked into the office.I no longer attended the one in school because my father disapproved of it,anything that kept him further away from my Sel was good enough for me.

"Good morning,Claire." I returned back her greeting in a chirpy tone.

She suddenly became silent forcing me to turn around to meet her shocked face."Something wrong?" I asked.

"No." She shocked her head.She walked across my desk and placed files on my desk,her hand seemed to shake for some reason.

"Is something bothering you Claire?" I asked as I opened the file.

I expected her to ignore my question or walk away but she did the most suprising thing,she sat down on the chair infront of me and bowed her head down in shame."Sir...Am sorry..."

"Sorry?" I interrupted." You know I hate that word."

"I know....Sir."She breathed."The maid you asked me to fire...."

"The pregnant one?" I cut in.

"Yes..I..."

"What about her?" I interrupted,not looking up from the contracts on my table.

I could feel her uneasiness and fear as she searched for the next words to say." I didn't fire her Sir." She gushed out." I couldn't do it..that would have made me cruel...and...."

"Give her a bonus." I said as I signed the contract.

"Sir I am sorry..wait..what?" She blinked,her expression alone could tell that she was arguing with herself if she had heard correctly.

"Give her a twenty thousand dollar bonus." I replied.

"Okay..that is very much okay."She said a bit too loudly.

"Okay,Claire."I repeated."I will call you if I need anything else."

'Yes..Sir..Thank you Sir."She stuttered as she made her way to the door.

"And Claire." I called before she could exit my office.

"Yes."

"Give everyone a raise of eight grand." I mumbled.I wasn't used to doing things like this.

"Yes Sir." She said after a long silence.

Claires voice was very light and low but it was the loudest noise I had ever heard as she closed the door.It was at that moment I couldn't stifle the strange sound that came out from my lips as my workers regained back their voices.

Selami.

I am yours and you are mine.

Those words were meant to reassure me but they confused me more and more,each time I replayed what happened last night in my head.I was still mad at him-No..mad was a small word,I was furious.I didn't believe he would actually go  home with the girl but he was Derek,he could do anything and say anything-including having sex with a random girl maybe in the room I had slept in.Knowing him,he would come back sooner or later to inform me that what  had happened last night was a mistake and so was I.

"Stop over thinking." Charlotte laughed." The last you saw him was nine hours ago."

"I am not overthinking."I defended.I wasn't practically lieing-I was just scared.

"Okay then." She said with obvious sarcasm in her tone."Are you hungry?" She asked as she made her way down the stairs.

"NO......"