18.Surprise

Monday morning was hard to get going. Between the morning sickness, Noah being up half the night and now being clingy, and waking up to find that nothing fit her. Olivia was having a very tough time and was thankful that Lucy was there. With her dry heaving while trying to deal with Noah... God she felt so bad that he was reaching for her in tears while she was hunched over the toilet, sick.

Noah had had another dream last night, he woke up just after midnight and was so upset that she had to put him into bed with her so he'd feel safe enough to go back to sleep. Finally after singing to him and carrying him around for hours, he went to sleep around three and she got to sleep for about 90 minutes before her morning sickness woke her up and she went running for the bathroom. She called Nick at just after 5 in the morning, and got about ten minutes of conversation time before Noah woke up again crying for her, she got lucky though because she put him on speaker with Nick and that took his mind off whatever was bothering him and he went back to sleep for a bit.

Now after finally calming her stomach enough and getting dressed she cursed out loud because the clothes that fit her (barely) on friday literally would not today. She had to put on a pair of pants and leave them open with a belt that was precariously holding on to its last two hooks to hold them up and leave her blouse untucked, a blouse which did not button over her breasts that no longer fit into her bras, she had to wear a sports bra and leave a few buttons on her blouse undone. Her breasts would surely ache but at least she was covered and at least her jacket fit (barely). She seriously had to go maternity clothes shopping.

By the time she was all done with everything and managed to calm Noah down so that she could get out the door she was already late and Noah wasn't as calm as she thought, crying "mama" as she left and reaching for her. Lucy assured her that he'd be fine but he threw a fit and she went back to him for ten minutes but then she absolutely had to leave. He was freaking out, she started to cry feeling guilt at leaving her son like this, she didn't know why he was behaving this way and she was also feeling completely overwhelmed. By the time she got downstairs she couldn't stop and was bawling as she left the building and took a cab, leaving everyone who saw her looking perplexed and a couple of people asking if she was okay. God why did her hormones have to strike at the worst times?

.

9:28 she finally got to work, red eyed from crying, worries about Noah and nauseous and she just wanted 5 minutes of quiet to herself.

"Mornin boss" Carisi greeted from where he and Amanda were gathered at the coffee pot but she simply threw up her hand and retreated to her office and closed the door before anyone could utter another word, then as soon as she had closed the door she was coming out and making a beeline for the bathroom seconds later.

"If that isn't pregnant..." Carisi started.

"Tell me about it; I mean she can't hide it for much longer, look at her. Wonder when she's gonna tell us." Rollins stated.

"Better question, who's the dad?" Jackson said

"I got some ideas about that." Amanda said, picking up a suger packet.

"Care to share?" Moroni said.

"Nope!" Amanda said and walked off.

"What is it with people and secrets around here?" Carisi wondered out loud.

... ... ...

Moments later after Olivia had emptied her stomach, she went back through the squad room in hopes of getting back to her office with no incident but she wasn't to be that lucky. It was Amanda who stopped her.

"Sarge, you okay? You don't look so good." She said, sipping her coffee.

"Yeah...I'm uh, I'm fine." She said, actually sickened by the coffee and whatever Carisi was eating on a bagel, what was that? Bacon, eggs and cheese? God, those eggs smell rancid! And what was that that Johnson was eating? Something with sausage? She had to get into her office before she...