03. MATTERS OF THE HEART

Jason. 🃏

"Fuck." I cursed under my breath as I removed my mask and suit, throwing them in the corner of my room for now.

I didn't live far from Zoë, so it wasn't a hassle to go check up on her and its not like I'd mind if it was far.

But right now, I couldn't focus on her because of the pain. It wasn't major nor new but it still sucked.

I sucked in my breath as I sat on the toilet seat, my shirt pulled up, and putting an alcohol drenched cotton pad on a cut I had gotten.

I always hated this part, the stinging sensation always caught me off guard. It wasn't big or anything, so I just put a giant band aid next to it and looked at the other injuries.

The others were just minor bruises, so I left them at that and laid down on my bed. Finally, I was so exhausted.

Last night didn't go as smoothly as it usually does. I wasn't sure if it was just more criminal activity or because I was too focused on Zoë to think straight.

Truthfully, I was attracted to her, both physically and emotionally. She was hot and fun to talk to. I wanted to get to know her so bad, but the fact that she just went through a breakup made the whole thing go slower.

I had an urge to call Bruce and ask him all about her but at the same time, I had no idea what happened between them.

The pain was starting to go away so I was able to relax more easily. But the whole time, I couldn't help but wish that she was curled up next to me.

God, that would be so comforting.

I almost contemplated calling her, until I remembered I didn't even have her phone number. I mean, how long are you supposed to wait?

I wanted to check up on her, just to see her but I couldn't. I didn't even have my mask on right now and I didn't want her to know who I was yet.

Laying back, I closed my eyes and decided I'd rest first. I always felt better after.