10. DATE

Jason. 🃏

"Jason!" I was roughly woken up by Zoë violently shaking me. Looking over at the clock, it was only four in the morning.

When my eyes got readjusted to the darkness, I was able to make out the worried facial expression she had.

"What?" I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed. She was standing at the side of the bed with shirt on. I would tell her nice she looked in it, if it was a different situation.

"Jason, are you okay?" I could still hear the sleepiness in her voice. "You were yelling in your sleep, telling someone to get away from you?"

I scratched my head, trying to think of what she might be talking about when it hit me. I never told her about the nightmares and I guess I had another one now.

"Just a nightmare." I shrugged, acting as if it was no big deal when now I didn't even want to sleep because of it. Especially since it was keeping her up.

She didn't buy it and just stood there, almost as if she was waiting for me to elaborate. "Of him?"

Sighing, I nodded. "It happens, Zoë. But it's okay." I laid back down and opened up my arms for her. "Now come here."

She climbed in and rested her head on my bare chest. "I can stay up with you, if you want."

"Is this just an excuse to stay up with me?" I laughed.

"No," she playfully swatted my chest, "I'm actually not that tired anymore."

"Same."

Sitting up, she rested on one arm and looked at me. "Plus, I'm kind of hungry."

"Are you really?" She nodded so I sat got out of bed. "Well, let's go." I slipped on my pants from last night and searched for my shoes.

"Where to?" She raised an eyebrow at me as she got up too. Zoë headed for a mirror and tried to fix her hair as best as she could, even though she still looked amazing.

"I'm taking you out on a date." Looking down at my bare torso, I finally realized I needed my shirt. "I kinda need my shirt."

"Jason, it's four in the morning." She took off the shirt and threw it at me. "But where to?" She asked, as she slipped on a striped long sleeve.

"It's never too early for a date." Heading out, I took a hold of her hand. "Plus, I saw a diner close by here when I came over."

🃏

Since it was close by and I was with her for protection, I decided we'd walk there.

"It's a beautiful night, isn't it?" I had an arm around her, and pulled her closer to me as an attempt to be romantic.

"For Gotham."

We finally made it, in one piece, and it wasn't as full as if expect it. But then again, it was only four in the morning.

The waitress sat us in a booth in the back where we both ordered two coffees. "So, Zoë."

"Hm?" She tilted her head to side slightly.

"Does me taking you out on a date at four in the morning make me worthy of being your official boyfriend?"

"Possibly." Our food arrived. "But I thought you already were my official boyfriend?"

"I never officially asked you out." I told her as I took a spoonful of my scrambled eggs. They weren't that great but I was hungry.

"True." She rested the side of her face on her palm, something I find her doing quite often. "Did you plan on doing so on this date?"

I nodded and held out my hand on the table. When she took it, I finally asked the question I've been wanting to ask all week.

"Zoë, will you be my girlfriend?"