11. ON THE JOB

Jason. 🃏

It's been a week since Zoë and I were official and it was like heaven honestly. I tried to spend as much time as I could with her.

She would get a little upset when I had to leave to do my job, but she was understanding. The only thing that bothered me was not knowing if Bruce would try something while I was gone.

I was about to intervene in an assault when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I almost scoffed out loud at the fact that he thought he'd probably accomplish something like this.

"What do you want?" I harshly asked him, putting my gun away. He was in his bat suit, probably had some business to attend to.

"Were you really going to kill a man over a petty assault?"

I rolled my eyes, "Did you really come out here to lecture me about morals?" I hated whenever he tried to do that, he knew I wasn't going to play by his rules anymore.

"When'd you start seeing her?" I hated how he tried to be serious and monotone. Why couldn't he just admit he's hurt for once?

"I wasn't with her when you two were together." I tried to step closer to intimidate him, but it didn't work. He still stood his ground. And I didn't want to start a fight on this rooftop.

"That wasn't the question."

I let out a large sigh and crossed my arms across my chest. "I first talked to her the night you two broke up."

"What did I even do to you to make you do this to me?"

I scoffed, angry at his words. Was he really serious? "Do you really want me to answer that? After all the shit you did to me, this doesn't even compare to it!"

"Robin." He knew how angry that made me, yet here he was using that name as if it would soften things up.

"Don't call me that!" I knew I was getting louder and louder and someone would probably notice us, but I couldn't help it. He just made me so mad.

"You're going to get her hurt, especially since she knows about this." He motioned towards my Red Hood outfit. So that's what he meant when he asked if she knew the real me. "This isn't the right lifestyle for her."

"And being with Batman is?"

"At least when she was with me, I didn't let her know who I was." I could hear him starting to get angry and smiled to myself. Knowing that I was finally getting to him. "And I wasn't a killer."

Hearing those words tore me apart. Hearing how he belittled me and honestly thought of me killed me inside.

"I-is that all I am to you?"

"What?" When he finally realized what he said, I could see a small frown play across his lips. "Jason, I -"

"Save it." I started looking for where to leave to. The only place I could think of was Zoë's place, but he'd probably show up there to find me; knowing him. "Just leave me the fuck alone, Bruce."