t h r e e

published ~> july 19 2015

finished ~> august 18 2015

~*~

"maddie, why are we here? im not having any fun." kendall said complaining to her best friend.

"oh just stop complaining and lets go find some cute guys." maddie said raising her eyebrows.

kendall rolled her eyes at her friends comment and walked over to a cooler hoping to find something other than alcohol.

after digging around in the cooler for 5 minutes, she finally found a bottle of water. which sadly had only half the water left and the water was purple.

not kendall's ideal drink, sighing kendall gave up and went to try to find maddie.

after what felt like hours to kendall, she finally found maddie with a couple of seniors holding a beer bottle.

"there go's my ride." kendall said under her breath.

kendall headed for the door when she was stopped.

"excuse me." kendall said quietly looking down trying not to make eye contact.

"what did you say?" he said with the smell of alcohol in his breath.

"excuse me." kendall said a little louder.

"what was that?" he said again.

"i said excuse me!" kendall screamed looking up at the guys face to see who was preventing her from leaving.

every one around her all looked up from their drinks and went to see what was going on.

"okay then short stuff," the guys said moving out of kendall's way.

"thank you." kendall said walking out of the house and down the street to her other friends house.

since maddie was now unable to drive the duo home, she went to her childhood friend for help.

she finally got to the house she was looking for and did her signature knock  on the door.

hit the door twice, then once, then four times.

she always knocked that way, ever since she was little.

the door swung open for kendall to find a very smiley kalani standing at the door.

"omg! hey kend! its been forever!" kalani exclaimed bringing the brunette into a massive hug.

"kalani, i say you last week before i left for camp." kendall said hugging the very smiley girl back.

kalani was your average pretty girl. she was always happy, rarely not smiling. she had a bad habit of making the smallest situation into this huge issue.

like her not seeing kendall in forever (a week).

"hey k? would you mind driving me and maddie home? shes had a little to much to drink tonight." kendall said which lead into kalani having kendall to sit down and talk about the past week.

after exclaiming everything to kalani, kendall asked her again to drive her and maddie home.

"sure. ill be there in a sec. gotta get my keys." kalani said happily while bounding into her kitchen to grab her keys off the counter.

kalani was kendall's second best friend, the two got along together because they were exactly alike. both were good girls, excelled in school, didn't really have a thing for parties. the only thing that the two didn't have in common was that kendall liked tomatoes and kalani didn't.

the reason kendall was best friends with maddie was that maddie brought the other part of kendall that kalani couldn't. she made sure that kendall wasn't always a good girl and that she loosened up a little.

"i've got my keys. lets go!" kalani exclaimed excitedly as she hopped out the front door waiting for kendall.

the two got into kalani's beige camri which she shared with her parents.

when kalani started the car, she started singing to what ever song was on.

kendall laughed at how she knew every word to a random song that just started playing.

kalani put the car in reverse and slowly backed out the driveway.

the house that had the party was only two blocks away so it didn't take long to get there.

when the house was in sight, kendall found maddie's car, parked behind them.

kendall wasn't old enough to drive, so she relied on kalani and maddie to take her places.

kendall walked into the house and found maddie standing on top of the railing with a mattress on the floor beneath her.

"two, one. jump!" everyone in the party screamed.

kendall watched her best friend jump off the railing and onto the mattress that was below.

as soon as she stood up kendall ran over and grabbed her wrist and she dragged her out of the party.

as soon as kendall thought they were far enough away from the party, kendall began to scold maddie on her action in which she just did.

"maddie! what the heck was that!" kendall said since she hated, like hated swearing.

"you could have been killed! are you crazy!" kendall said at maddie.

"i see a butterfly." maddie said as she walked towards the not existent butterfly.

kendall mentally face palmed her self and grabbed maddie hand to take her back to kalani's car.

after she got maddie in the car, she exclaimed to kalani what happened.

"wow, that does seem like maddie." kalani said focusing on the road.

"yep. it sure does."

a/n so.. any thoughts on kalani? new character. anyways, i found out break free was nominated for the dm awards! it would mean a lot if you guys voted for me. i'm not going to hate you if you don't but it would mean a lot! good luck for the other nominees!

;)

~*~

word count ~> 911