s i x

published ~> july 30 2015

finished ~> august 18 2015

~*~

when kendall got home the next day her dad was sitting on the couch, which was a very unusual thing considering that he was constantly away for work.

"dad, what are you doing here?" kendall asked as she embraced her dad into a hug.

"i just want to say bye before i leave." kendalls dad said as he left go of the hug.

"you're leaving already?" kendall questioned with a sad look that came over her face.

her dad just nodded and turned to his suitcase which kendall assumed was filled with clothes.

"bye pumpkin, ill see you in two weeks okay?" he said to kendall while kendall nodded hoping that he wouldn't leave.

kendall sadly watched her dad leave through the front door, she wished that he would change his mind and fight for him and her mom to be together.

but thats not what happened, if that did happen he would be in the house telling kendall he would fight for this to work but sadly that didnt happen.

when she heard his car pull out of the driveway she ran up to her room and cried. she cried for her dad leaving and for her mom not being with her.

kendall - hey can i come over?

kalani - sure, whats wrong??

kendall - ill tell you when i get there, ill bring movies! any requests??

kalani - JUST GO WITH IT & FAULT IN OUR STARS!!

kendall - you have both of those..

kalani - ik but i like your copy better..

kendall - fine ill be there soon

kendall packed her bag with the two movies kalani requested and she set off to kalanis house which was only three blocks away.

when she finally got there she didnt even have time to knock before the door swung open. kalani seemed to have a smiled glued to her face since kendall never saw her without one.

"hey girl. lets watch the movies!" kalani exclamied excitedly as she grabbed kendalls bag off her shoulder and ran up the stairs to her room.

kendall rolled her eyes and followed kalani up the stairs skipping every second step.

by the time kendall got to kalani's room kalani had already put the movie into the dvd player and had started it.

"which one are we watching first?" kendall asked as she fell back on kalani's bed.

"fault in our stars." kalani said while chewing swedish fish, which was a huge pet peeve of kendalls. chewing with your mouth open.

kendall took the next peice of candy out of kalani's hand and throwing it in her mouth.

"hey, i was going to eat that." kalani said taking the smile off her face for once.

"too bad. sucks to be you." kendall said watching the start of the movie.

after the movie was over kendalls phone buzzed in her lap. it turns out it was her mom wondering where kendall was.

kendall replied telling her that she was at kalanis and she would probably staying over.

her mom replied with a simple okay knowing kendall was still upset with the divorce.

kendall and kalani spent the night talking about there problems.

"turns out kalani has problems too. nobodys perfect." kendall thought as she took the blanket from kalanis hand and grabbed a pillow from her bed.

"night kalani." kendall said as she laid back on the mattress kalani set out for her.

"goodnight kend." kalani said back as she turned off the lamp on her night stand table.

the next morning kendall woke up to the smell of bacon and pancakes.

kendall stood up lazily and walked down the stairs and sat on the barstool chair.

"morning kend!" kalani said happily as she flipped the pancake sizzling on the stove.

"morning." kendall said groggily as she leaned on the counter.

"someones not a morning person.." kalani said making kendall crack a smile.

"obviously." kendall said as she perked up when kalani put the plate of food infront of her.

as kendall munched on her pancakes kalani made for her there was a knock on the door. kalani hopped off the counter the counter to answer whoever was at the door.

"miss vertes, what are you doing here?" kalani asked embracing kendalls mom into a hug giving kendall the 'i dont know whats happening face.'

"i just came to get kendall. honey you can call me jill, no need to call me miss vertes. it makes me seem old." jill said laughing motioning to kendall to come here.

"hi mom." kendall said tiredly as she gave her mother a hug.

"c'mon honey. lets go." jill said opening the door to kalanis house.

"okay. ill get my things later okay k?" kendall asked.

"yep, for sure. bye." kalani said waving.

kendall waved even though the door was already closed.

the car ride home was silent. when they got home, kendall got out of the car and tried to run up to her room.

key word, tried.

before kendall made it to the first step her mom stopped her.

"out with it." jill said not letting kendall go upstairs.

"nothing, im fine." kendall said turning to go up to her room.

"kendall. you are obviously not fine. you haven't said a word to me since yesterday." jill said stopping kendall once again.

"dad left yesterday. he just left. picked up his stuff and left. he barley said goodbye. i know that he's always away but i know he's going to come back. now he's not." kendall said quietly but loud enough for her mom to hear.

jill embraced her daughter in a hug.

"honey its okay, it was for the best." jill said rubbing the back of her now crying daughter.

"are you sure?" kendall said questioning her mother.

"im positive."

a/n: awee mother daughter moment. so this is only going to have like 1-2 more chapters. its almost over. after this im posting a new book! its a mystery story called innocence. my other new book (the tumbling down, out of style life of kendall k vertes) will have slow updates.

;)

~*~

word count ~>  1020