f o u r

published ~> july 21 2015

finished ~> august 18 2015

~*~

once kalani arrived that vertes household, she saw kendall's mother sitting on the porch reading her latest book which kendall had now idea what it was.

"good luck." kalani whispered in the petite brunettes ear as she helped her get a now unconscious maddie out of the back seat.

"hi mom," kendall said as jill hugged kalani then helped kendall with maddie to bring her back to the house.

after the mother daughter duo got into the house and put maddie on the couch for her to sleep peacefully, jill gave a very disapproving look to kendall.

"really kendall? would you like to explain yourself?" jill said sternly at her daughter.

"well, maddie wanted to go to this party and i agreed to go. im sorry." kendall said looking at the ground.

"im not disapointed you snuck out." jill said.

"your not?" kendall said confused.

"no, im disappointed in the fact that you left a note on how you snuck out! seriously kendall?" jill said holding up the pink glittery piece of paper that kendall left on the island.

"what can i say? i guess thats my inner good girl coming out of me." kendall said laughing with her mom who was now laughing at how her daughter sucked at doing anything bad.

"c'mon kendall! seriously? your old momma was the pro at sneaking out." jill said leaning against the counter.

"really?" kendall said astonished at the newly found fact about her mother.

"yep, im kind of sad that you left a note actually. could you not have gotten any bad influence in you?" jill asked kendall already knowing that kendall had none.

"i am proud of you though for getting kalani to drive you home. that was a good choice of yours." jill said embracing kendall in a hug.

the two then heard a huge thump which lead to them figuring out that maddie had rolled off the couch and into the autumn that was placed in the middle of the vertes living room.

"um, can you help me with maddie?" kendall asked her mom.

"of course honey. grab an arm and i'll grab the other." jill said picking up maddie's right arm with kendall grabbing the left.

after minutes of struggling to get maddie up the stairs.

they finally got maddie into kendalls bedroom and they placed her on the air mattress set up on the floor curtesy of jill.

"thank you. love you." kendall said as jill left the room.

"your welcome. goodnight." jill said slightly closing the door to kendalls room.

"goodnight." kendall said even though the door was closed and her mom couldn't hear her.

"okay, lets go to bed." kendall said to herself climbing into her bed.

kendall drifted off into a peaceful sleep thinking about what she was going to tell maddie the next morning when she woke up.

the next morning kendall woke up to the sounds of maddie's groan and cuss words being thrown into the air.

"morning sleepy head." kendall said to maddie who was squinting her eyes trying to see kendall clearly.

"ugh kend! my head is killing me. so is my foot. what happened last night?" maddie asked rubbing her foot.

kendall then went onto how she got drunk at the party, how she jumped off the stair railing onto a mattress, how her mom caught us trying to sneak back in since she left a note for her mom. every last detail kendall could remember, she told maddie.

"really kend? you left a fricking note!" maddie said holding her head giving her best friend the 'really you did that' face.

"yes i did. stay here, ill got get you some advil." kendall exclaimed hopping down the stairs to ask her mom where the advil was for maddie.

"good morning honey, hows maddie?" jill asked while cutting apple slices.

"good i guess." kendall said shrugging reaching for the advil.

as soon as kendall grabbed the bottle she raced upstairs to find maddie observing the huge crack in the middle of her screen.

"when did this happen?" maddie asked pointing to the crack.

"well after you jumped off the railing to the mattress i dragged you out of the party, you threw a hissy fit which involves throwing your phone on the side walk." kendall exclaimed.

maddie nodded and threw her phone on kendalls bed and took the advil from kendalls hand.

"ive got swim practice today, if you want to come." kendall asked maddie.

"certainly, if i can avoid my mother until im completely sober that would be the best." maddie said standing up to change out of the clothes she slept in.

kendall slipped her one piece bathing suit on and threw over a pink t-shirt and black runners shorts.

she grabbed her bag and she went downstairs to eat.

maddie soon came right after kendall with her hair in a bun to hid the ugly mess that it was.

"morning girls, there is some fruit on the counter." jill said from the living room where she was watching tv.

maddie and kendall quietly waited for the time to go as they munched on their apple slices.

when the clock struck twelve fifteen, kendall stood up and screamed.

"its time to go!" kendall screamed as she made her way to the car to wait for maddie and her mom.

"coming." jill yelled back as she closed the door to the garage.

soon the three of them were off to the aquatic centre for kendalls swim practice.

as soon as they got there kendall ran out the car and inside since she did not want to be late. lets put it this way, she was never late.

when kendall got in they were just about to start. she shuffled in the back like she always does and waited for her name to be called.

after the attendance was finished they lined up beside the diving board to practice their dives.

kendall was third up and she was nervous about it. this was kendalls least favourite part of practice. she hates heights and jumping off the board.

kendall was up to dive. she slowly walked to the end of the diving board.

"three, two, one, tweet!" the coach blew the whistle.

kendall jumped seamlessly and dived into the water.

a/n: so, how was this chapter? kind of a filler but oh well. check out my new story. The Tumbling Down, Out of Style Life of Kendall K Vertes. This book is sort of coming to an end. There will be about four or five more chapters. if thats what you called coming to an end.

;)

~*~

word count ~> 1117