Taking on the World Together...

"What do you mean they're gonna sell?" I met Rachel for coffee downtown, and told her about everything that was happening back home.

"They're thinking about it, they're not sure if they wanna go through with it," I said.

"Reese, if some realtor came up to my dads and said he wanted to buy their house for fifteen billion bucks, they wouldn't waste a second and jump," she replied.

"You know out of all of us, Blaine and Sebastian are the only ones who grew up well. Well...well-off. Their families are complete nightmares but whatever," I said, sipping my latte.

"Do you want them to take the deal?" she asked me. I sighed.

"If they take this deal, it'll do wonders for them. Charlotte's back is giving out on her, and Ryan has several scars from stove burns. They're approaching their sixties, I guess it wouldn't be so bad for them to retire early," I explained.

"Okay, great. Now, say all of that again, but about what you feel. I don't want logic," she said.

"On one hand, they're set for life. Charlotte can go see Hawaii like she always wanted. On the other hand, I really love that place," I replied.

"As I hear it, you and Sebastian have made a lot of history there," she smirked.

"Don't be turning dirty like him," I warned him.

"I'm not, but I'm not surprised that you would miss it. I would too. I miss the restaurant already," she said.

"They're going to have like a goodbye party or something like that," I said.

"Are you gonna go?" she asked. I gawked at her.

"Is a chicken tasty with buffalo sauce?" I said. She gave me a flat look in return.

"No need to be snippy," she said. "But what's going on with you?" she asked.

"What're you talking about?"

"You walked right in and sat down, you haven't made a crude joke, or told me some whacky story about a guy on the subway," she said.

"Alright, well on my way here, a guy on the subway decided to take off his clothes. He flashed up one isle and mooned down the other," I said.

"What did they do?" she asked.

"Well, they didn't know what to do. So the conductor turned off the lights," I replied.

"So they made him get dressed in the dark?" she asked.

"No. Another bum stole his clothes," I replied. We stared at each other for a moment, then sighed simultaneously.

"New York, New York!" we sang together.

"Now, what's going on with you?" she asked again.

"I guess with saying goodbye to one thing in my life, I don't want to lose...someone else," I replied.

"Who are you gonna lose?" she asked.

"Sebastian," I replied.

"Reese! You're never gonna lose him. You two are joined at the hip," she said.

"I know, I know. I guess since everybody's getting married, I've become a little more...appealed to the tradition," I replied.

"You wanna get married?" she asked.

"I don't know! You're married, Kurt's married, Santana's married, hell I think Sam and Mercedes are thinking about tying the knot too,"  I replied. Rachel smiled.

"Aw, Reese. You know, marriage isn't as bad as one would think. It's mostly about compromise," she said.

"Jesse St. Jag-off compromises?" I asked. She gave me her stink eye in return.

"PZZT!"

"That's my thing!"

"Not today sweetheart," she said.

"Well, what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"Reese, I've learned that life is short. And I'm tired of sitting on the side lines while everyone else takes a risk," she replied.

"I took a risk with Sebastian, didn't I?" I asked.

"Of course, the point is that...maybe you need to stop overthinking things and take a leap of faith. Marriage isn't as horrible and dumb as you think," she said, "Because honestly, Sebastian Smythe is the best thing that ever happened to you. And you'd be an idiot to lose something as great as him," this is why Rachel is my best friend. 50% of the world is about her, the other 50% she concentrates on the ones she loves. Me of course!

Just as I was about to answer, my phone beeped. I took it out, finding a text from Charlotte. I didn't like what I read. "What's wrong?" Rachel asked.

"Parents just signed the deed. Lavek's Grill will now be a new condominium," I replied.

"How do you know they're gonna turn it into a condominium?" she asked.

"What else is there to build in Lima other then condos?" I replied. She agreed with a nod. I blew out a sigh.

"You okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I just can't imagine not having a restaurant now," I replied.

"Reese, do you wanna cry?" she asked.

"No," I muttered.

"'Cause it's okay if you wanna cry," she said.

"I don't want to cry Rachel, I want to think," I told her.

"Cosmopolitan says it's okay to cry," she said. I gave her a flat look.

"Then let cosmopolitan cry....little condensed tears,"