...Ever Been Mine...

(A/N: Watch the video above when you get to the lyrics. I worked very hard on it, and I would appreciate if you guys would watch it!!!)

To: Sebastian

Come down to the diner, I got something I wanna tell u, xx

I waited patiently inside after I sent the text. My heart felt like it would explode into little pieces, then would be sucked up by a black hole. I can't remember the last time when I was so nervous. Wait, yes I could. When I opened my acceptance letter to FIT, and I pondered one whether the news out be good or bad. The waiting game finally came to an end when I heard a creek, and Sebastian came in.

"Hey, everything okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine," I replied, then I held up a bag for him, "This is for you," He took the bag and read the label.

"Beef jerky?" he asked, sounding a little confused.

"Yeah, I should've bought it for you. You like it, so why not?" I replied.

"Okay. Your message sounded urgent, but I doubt it was beef jerky urgent. What did you wanna tell me?" he asked. I sighed and looked around the room; the very room that used to be the main dining room.

"You know, there used to be a time when I would stand behind this counter and I would secretly watch you mingle with your song birds," I told him, "It was weird that I did that. And the weirder part was that whenever I snuck a glance at you, you were already looking at me. Even after I graduated, and I came back from my semesters. I lit up on the days that you smiled at me, and I died little on the days you didn't. This place, it's so much more then just a restaurant; we fell in love in here. In the locker to be precise but, we were in the building," I said.

"I can remember it as if it were yesterday. That was a very good yet horrible day," he chuckled.

"Yeah it was. The point is that, I never told anybody about what I went through in my childhood. Nobody knew except for Rachel. I never really understood why I told you, but after a while I figured it out. As much as I tried to deny it, I generally liked you. Liked you more then I should've. And that scared me," I said.

"What did you do?" he asked. I cracked a smile and scoffed.

"I did what I did best, I shut everybody out and acted like nothing was wrong. You were the enemy. We were two people who were incredibly right for each other, we just went to the wrong schools. Then I grew up, and I started to express myself much more. And through everything, music, fashion, friends, I realized that I was falling in love with you, and I didn't mind it," I felt my cheeks tint pink. Sebastian came closer, with that signature smirk that I so loved yet hated at the same time.

"What're you saying?" he asked.

"We're artists, we express our feelings through our art. I couldn't really express this through clothing, so I'm doing it through my second favorite activity. Singing, because I don't know how to say this any other way," I took a breath and started to sing.

(A/N: WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE THEN SKIP DOWN!!!)

You were in college working part time waitin' tables
Left a small town, never looked back
I was a flight risk with a fear of fallin'
Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts

I say "Can you believe it?
As we're lying on the couch?"
The moment I could see it.
Yes, yes, I can see it now.

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time.
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine.

Flash forward and we're taking on the world together,
And there's a drawer of my things at your place
You learn my secrets and you figure out why I'm guarded,
You say we'll never make my parents' mistakes.

But we got bills to pay
We got nothing figured out
When it was hard to take
Yes, yes, this is what I thought about.

Do you remember, we were sitting there, by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Do you remember all the city lights on the water?
You saw me start to believe for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine

Oh, oh, oh

And I remember that fight
Two-thirty AM
When everything was slipping right out of our hands
I ran out crying and you followed me out into the street

Braced myself for the "Goodbye"
Cause that's all I've ever known
Then you took me by surprise
You said, "I'll never leave you alone."

You said, "I remember how we felt sitting by the water
And every time I look at you, it's like the first time
I fell in love with a careless man's careful daughter
She is the best thing that's ever been mine"

You made a rebel of a careless man's careful daughter
You are the best thing that's ever been mine
Do you believe it?
We're gonna make it now
And I can see it
I can see it now

As I hit the last word, I leaned up on my tip toes and kissed him. "I want you to be happy; that's all I want," I told him.

"Is everything okay, Reese? I talked to Kurt and Blaine, nothing is gonna happen to us. You're stuck with me," he grinned.

"I know. I mean, I don't know, and neither of us know. We hope. I mean, I could get cancer, or you could be struck by lightening, or I could get hit by a bus--"

"Okay, stop. Just stop, slow down. I loved your performance, don't get me wrong, but what is this all about?" he asked.

"The point is I want to marry you," I finally admitted it. Sebastian looked speechless, this was the first time I'd seen his mouth open but nothing was coming out, "Will you marry me?" I asked him.

"Are you serious?" he asked, a smile starting to grow.

"Yeah. I've been afraid, I've been stubborn, and I've been in love. And marriage would make you so happy. It's made our friends happy, I don't see why we can't have that happiness," I replied.

"Are you sure about this? This doesn't have anything to do with Rachel getting pregnant, does it?" he asked.

"I'm positive. All this just made me see things more clearly. I love you. I want you to be my husband. I want to I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I replied. He said nothing, he just stared at me, "Say something, please?" I started to get nervous.

"Yes, absolutely, yes!" he exclaimed. I giggled as her looped his hand around my waist and pulled me in for another kiss. "Looks like this ring we've been running has finally come to a close," he said. That's when it hit me. Ring.

"Ring! Dammit, I forgot the ring part! I am so sorry," I scolded myself. Sebastian just laughed and pulled me closer.

"I don't need one, I got my crown jewel right here," It was the sweetest kiss we ever shared.