✗ 42

"The owner of the crown is back
Losers bow their heads
Smashing it all with ambition"

"The owner of the crown is backLosers bow their headsSmashing it all with ambition"

"You don't have to drop me."
Jiwon muttered, her gaze drifting to the window, The city lights blurred together, a kaleidoscope of colors.

As Eunseok navigated the quiet streets. His response was gentle, yet firm. "It's late, and I brought you here. You shouldn't be walking alone at this hour."

Jiwon nodded, her mind still reeling from their intense study session. "Thanks for the ride, though. It would've been a nightmare walking," she said lazily, massaging her temples. The exhaustion was starting to catch up, her eyelids drooping.

Eunseok's voice was laced with concern as he asked, "You walk home often?" Jiwon hummed, her eyes half-closed, "I have a car, but Jieun uses it most of the time, so..." Her voice trailed off, the unspoken implications hanging in the air.

Eunseok's worried gaze lingered on Jiwon for a fraction of a second before he turned back to the road. His eyes narrowed, focused on the darkness ahead.

"The hospital shifts end late, and you're okay with that?" His tone was incredulous, bordering on disapproval. Jiwon sighed, her shoulders sagging under the weight of her responsibilities.

"Honestly, no. But do I even have a choice?" Her resignation was palpable, a heavy burden she carried alone. Eunseok's response was immediate and stern. "I'll drop you from tomorrow." His words brokered no argument.

Eunseok swiftly pulled up to the house Jiwon had indicated, his eyes darting towards the two-storey independent structure. As he scanned the area, he let out a subtle sigh, his concern evident.

The lack of security measures was striking - no guards, no CCTV cameras, and no apartments nearby. The isolation made him uneasy. His suspicious gaze lingered on the house's surroundings, taking in every detail.

Just as he was assessing the area, a loud crash shattered the calm serenity. Jiwon and Eunseok, standing at the door entrance, snapped their gazes towards the sound.

Jiwon gasped loudly, her eyes widening in horror as she took in the sight of her car crashing into Eunseok's. "Oh no..." she whispered, her eyes fixed on the damage. Jieun stumbled out of the car, looking dazed.

Jiwon's eyes quickly darted to Eunseok, worried that his anger would erupt, and he would become violent. "I am so sorry, oh my god," she panicked, her hand flying to her mouth.

However, Eunseok remained unfazed, his expression serene, as if the damage hadn't bothered him. Instead, his eyes locked onto Jiwon's car and Jieun's unsteady form, his gaze filled with concern.

"Is she okay?" His voice was even and measured as he asked, His eyes never left Jieun's face, taking in her pale complexion and glassy eyes.

Jiwon's panic began to dissipate, replaced by relief and concern for her sister. She rushed towards Jieun, helping her steady herself. "Jieun, what happened?"

she asked, her voice laced with worry. Jieun's voice trembled as she explained, "I...I lost control. I'm sorry, Jiwon." Tears welled up in her eyes, and Jiwon quickly enveloped her in a reassuring hug.

As Jieun calmed down, Eunseok's gaze shifted to the damaged cars. His expression turned thoughtful, his eyes assessing the situation. "We'll handle the cars tomorrow," he said gently.

"Let's get you both inside." His tone was devoid of any anger or frustration, surprising Jiwon with its gentleness. She nodded, gratitude washing over her. "Thank you, Eunseok," she said, glancing at him with newfound appreciation.

As they guided Jieun into the house, Eunseok's eyes scanned the surroundings once more. His expression hinted at concern for their safety, his gaze lingering on the isolated area. Jiwon noticed his unease and felt a pang of gratitude for his thoughtfulness.

 Jiwon noticed his unease and felt a pang of gratitude for his thoughtfulness