✗ 46

"Blacken my heart
Creepin' dark night
Stainin' my soul"

Eunseok's grip tightened around the man's neck, his eyes darkening with intensity as he demanded, "Tell me, why are they after her?" The man struggled to break free, his face reddening as he gasped, "I don't know!" But Eunseok's fingers only tight...

Eunseok's grip tightened around the man's neck, his eyes darkening with intensity as he demanded, "Tell me, why are they after her?" The man struggled to break free, his face reddening as he gasped, "I don't know!" But Eunseok's fingers only tightened, his voice low and menacing.

The man's desperation grew, his breaths uneven, his eyes wide with fear. "I'll be killed either way!" he yelled, knowing his boss would eliminate him for speaking out. Eunseok muttered, "Then I'll give you a painful death," as his men dragged the man away.

Just as they were about to disappear into the shadows, the man screamed, "Wait! I'll tell you!"

Eunseok raised an eyebrow, intrigued, and signaled his men to halt. The man continued, "She witnessed our victim's death and saw the gang's faces!" His words spilled out in a rush, driven by fear.

Eunseok's expression turned skeptical. "That's not the only reason they'd kill her," he stated, his mind racing with possibilities. The man's voice grew desperate.

"She called an ambulance and reported it to the police! They caught our base because of her!" Eunseok's brows furrowed, his thoughts consumed by the implications.

The man's final words sent a chill down Eunseok's spine: "They're going to kill her." The gravity of the situation settled in, and Eunseok knew he had to act swiftly to protect Jiwon.

10-year-old Jiwon played with infectious enthusiasm. Her bright smile radiated warmth as she offered him her toys, her eyes sparkling with kindness. "You came so late today," she scolded, her voice playful, yet tinged with a hint of reprimand.

As Eunseok mumbled a faint apology, his heart swelled with affection for the young girl. But the serenity of the moment shattered abruptly, replaced by a blood-curdling scream that pierced his eardrums. His gaze snapped to the side, and his world crumbled.

The scene before him transformed, and full-grown Jiwon lay on the ground, blood pooling around her lifeless body. His eyes widened in horror, his heart shrinking as fear gripped him. Beside her stood his mother, a vicious smile twisting her face.

"She doesn't deserve you," she muttered, her voice dripping with malice. Eunseok's scream was silenced as she pulled the trigger, ending Jiwon's life. His world went dark, consumed by anguish.

Eunseok jolted awake, his heart racing, his sheets drenched in sweat. The remnants of his nightmare lingered, haunting him. Tears welled up in his eyes as the trauma crept in, threatening to consume him.

The memories of his mother's cruel words and twisted smile resurfaced, transporting him back to a childhood filled with fear and uncertainty. But now, a new fear gripped him - the fear of losing Jiwon.

The possibility of a world without her was unbearable. Eunseok's breath caught in his throat as he fought to contain his emotions.

His mind replayed the nightmare, the image of Jiwon's lifeless body etched into his memory. He couldn't shake the feeling of powerlessness that accompanied it.

Literally updating my every drafts until i complete 10 more chapters by next week