chapter 2

L U C A  M C C A L L

Last night was a pretty strange night for me. I literally haven't been here for a full day, and Scott and Stiles start making up these horrible, horrible lies and a deer decided to crash into their friend's car!

"Luca, sweetie? You awake?" I heard my aunt say from the other side of the door. I had finished tying my shoes up and stood up from the bed. I looked at myself from the mirror, and saw that I was wearing a gray crewneck shirt, black pants, and black and white laced converse. "Yeah. I'm actually dressed up." I told her.

"That's good. If only Scott was like you in the morning." She muttered. I laughed as I opened the door to see my cousin getting out of the bathroom, with a towel hanging around his waist. "Okay, some people like mornings and some don't." He said, rushing into his room.

I smirked before heading down the stairs and biting onto the waffles I had toasted up. "Scott, you want some waffles?!" I muffled into my food. "What?" He asked, walking in the kitchen.

"Never mind. You can do it yourself." I cheekily said, leaving him in the room. "Seriously?" I heard him say.

Outside, I see Stiles already waiting for us in his Jeep. "Hey, man!" I waved. He looked up and smiled. "Hey, Luca! Scott almost done?" He said.

I nodded. "Left him to toast his own waffles." I explained. "Yeah, which was not helpful, considering that I overslept." Scott exclaimed, getting in the passenger seat.

"Love you too, cuz." I said in a baby voice, climbing in the back.

Once I buckled in, Stiles started the car and drove off to school. "So, Luca, how was school for you?" Scott questioned. "Um, school back in Colorado wasn't much; averaged in B's, participated in some clubs, and I also played lacrosse and baseball, but not for the school." I listed.

When we got the the school, Stiles parked and the two led me into the hallways. Entering the office, I asked the secretary for the basic essentials I would need here. "Here you go, Mr. McCall. Hope you have a good first day!" She smiled kindly. I smiled back. "I will. Thank you." I responded.

Both the boys took my schedule and had a look at it when we exited out of from the door.

"AP French, Geometry, AP Literature, Chemistry, and Sports Psychology. Someone's an over achiever!" Stiles sassed. I stifled a laugh. "I like to challenge myself." I said proudly.

Scott pointed at the paper. "We got Chem together." He said. "Cool." I proclaimed.

Ring Ring

"I guess we should heading." I notified. "You sure you'll be fine finding your classes?" My cousin asked.

I nodded my head. "I'm good. See ya later!" I yelled through the hallways.

My first class was French and fortunately, I found it with ease. "Erm, is this AP French?" I asked the teacher. She looked at me and smiled. "Yes it is. You are Luca McCall, I presume?" She beamed.

"Yeah, I am." I sighed in relief. "Well then, puisque ce est AP classe française, vous devriez savoir comment parler d'un plus de cette langue et de savoir ce que je dis (since this is an AP French class, you should know how to speak a more of this language and know what I am saying)." She spoke.

I cleared my throat. "Oui, je ne sais un peu de français (Yes, I do know a bit of french)." I replied. Her eyes brightened. "I am Mrs. Fortier and you may sit next to Ms. Argent, over there." She pointed to a familiar face and sat where I was supposed to be.

"Classe! Nous avons un nouvel élève et nous aimerions vous présenter monsieur Luca McCall. Je aimerais bien que vous le traitez bien à notre école (Class! We have a new student and would like introduce you to mister Luca McCall. I would like you to nicely treat him well to our school)." Mrs. Fortier announced, with the entire class staring at me.

"So you're a sophomore?" Allison asked. "Yeah, I guess I look kind of...older." I confessed.

She slapped my arm. "Hey! Ow!" I exaggerated, holding my arm. "Luca! You look like you could be a Junior, or even a Senior!" She exclaimed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Well, sorry for being birthed at the wrong year." I fake pouted. She laughed.

A L L I S O N  A R G E N T

"Freshmen. Tons and tons of fresh men." Lydia stated. Her eyes were lurking on each and every fourteen year old boy.

My eyes were set on her in disbelief. "You mean fresh boys. Lydia, they're fourteen!" I pointed out. "Eh, some are more mature than others." She shrugged.

"You know, it's okay to be single. Focus on yourself for a little while, work on becoming a better person." I assured her. She turned over to me. "Allison, I love you. So if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you, it's totally fine. But I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction." She said.

Her eyes then landed on Luca, who was taking things out of his locker. Personally, I didn't like the way she was looking at him. He was such a sweet, caring guy in French class and he only met me last night. Lydia is my best friend and I don't want her to get heartbroken, like what happened with Jackson, but Luca doesn't deserve to be used; to be a rebound just to get over a guy.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Lyd." I stammered. "And why is that?" She asked.

I sighed. "Luca's actually a nice and respectful guy. He doesn't deserve to be a 'distraction'. He deserves real love." I said. "How do you know that?" Her head tilted to the side.

"We have a class together and he told me things that were incredible. Something that you wouldn't really hear from a guy, and I could tell that he was still was trying to get over a girl." I told her. She groaned. "Fine. I'll let this one slide. You are very lucky that I love you, Argent." She grumbled.