chapter 20

L U C A  M C C A L L

"You took the doll from the car?"

Not too long ago, an accident occurred in the boy's locker room where werecoyote-Malia decided to take a little visit. According to the Japanese-Korean girl, she tried to search for Scott and Stiles to return their backpacks when they both ran off because Stiles was having a panic attack.

"Yeah, I thought you could use it, you know, for like her scent." Stiles answered after he revealed that he took a doll that was from the car accident Malia and her mother and sister were in.

"Where did you get that?"

Startled, we spun our heels around to see Mr. Tate stomping his way towards us. "Where did you find this? It belonged to my daughter." He mumbled, glancing at the doll Stiles held out.

Sheriff came into the conversation and intervened. "Mr. Tate, I don't know how you heard about this. If you got your own police scanner or what but you can't be here." He advised. I wasn't understanding what was happening until I discovered the hidden gun peeking under his jacket. "I have a permit." The man stated.

"California schools are gun free zones, permit or no permit. You need to leave, Mr. Tate." He ordered. "You find that animal. You find that thing." Mr. Tate hissed before he hesitantly did as he was told.

"Pack meeting?" I questioned, looking over to my cousin. "Pack meeting." Scott confirmed.

-

"Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses. For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot." Deaton warned. "Allison's a perfect shot." Scott mentioned.

"She used to be." Isaac commented. "Woah, there! Keep your negative thoughts to yourself." I snapped, holding my hand out for him to stop.

"She can do it." Scott argued. "If we manage to find the thing." He doubted the plan, causing us to get frustrated with him.

Stiles looked at us in disbelief. "Okay, what is the point of him? Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out." He exclaimed. "Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?" Isaac retorted.

"I can do it." Scott announced. "You can?" Stiles questioned.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school? In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery." Scott reminded. "This is a werecoyote, Scott. Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you." Deaton told him.

"That's why you called Derek, first." Stiles said. "Yeah, I could try it on my own. But right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf." Scott admitted.

I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. "You got this, cuz." I encouraged.

"We need a real Alpha. You know what I mean. An alpha who can do alpha things. You know, an alpha who can get it going. You know, get it—" Stiles tried thinking of the best word to fit in the situation. 

"Up?" Isaac suggested.

"Great. I'm an alpha with performance issues." Scott muttered.

"Is there anyone else besides Derek who could help?" Deaton asked.

"I wouldn't trust Peter." Isaac informed.

"Maybe the twins?" Stiles brought up. Deaton shook his head in disagreement. "They're not alphas anymore. After what Jennifer did, almost killing them? It broke that part of them." He said.

"Yeah, but what if they know how to do it?" Stiles wondered. "Nobody's seen them for weeks." Scott thought out.

Stiles gave me a look, which made me questionable about what he was about to say. "Actually, that's not totally true." He confessed. I stared at him accusingly. "Why do I have a feeling that I'm not gonna like where this is headed?" I questioned.

Both my cousin and Stiles stared at each other as if they were transferring messages with their minds. "Because you're not." Scott concluded.

-

"So that's why you just dumped me back home and didn't say another word after that?! I've been waiting for hours! How long has Lydia been seeing the twins? More preferably Aiden?! Is there anything going on between them? I know for a fact that Aiden's been eyeing on her since the day the alpha pack arrived!" I assumed, pacing around my room. "Will you shut up for a minute? Holy hell you talk a lot when you're jealous!" Stiles complained.

"I am not jealous!" I scoffed. I heard him snort through on the phone. "Then, what do you call your little rant?" He questioned.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "I call that being protective and vigilant." I tried to convince...more to myself than the two. "Hm, your aura of jealousy is actually radiating through the phone line. C'mon, Luca, admit it. You're a jealous of a former alpha twin werewolf that has the hots for your girlfriend." He teased.

"Ha! Hence the word, 'former'. He's no longer a big bad alpha werewolf anymore. I do not envy that little hairy ball of fur! And! She's not my girlfriend." I grumbled at the last part. "Wow, somebody needs to record this historical moment because for the first time in his whole entire existence, Luca McCall is finally showing his jealous and insecure side. Never knew it had it in you, man!" He joked.

I stopped pacing right there and then. "Stiles, I will personally walk over to your house, barge into your room, and make you feel the wrath of my irritation and displeasure I have for you. For example, I will knock off each and every single mole on your pale, sarcastic self." I threatened.

There was a moment of silence and all that I could hear was his heavy breathing.  As I went up to my window, I looked out to see a familiar blue Jeep, parked in front of the house. "Uh, oh what's that, Luca? I think we're breaking up! Uh—" I watched him perform random sounds in the car like the idiot he is. "Oh, and what tunnel would that actually be? Because it's certainly not in front of my front lawn where I can see you, Stiles!" I smirked.

I saw his face whiten in fear of being caught red-handed. Stiles, later, looked out through my bedroom window and discovered my presence as I waved at him tauntingly. He cut the phone line off and gave me a short nod in return with a giggling Scott from the passenger seat, who enjoyed this whole entire scene.