chapter 6

L U C A  M C C A L L

"Huh? Where am I?!" I gasped for air, feeling goosebumps against the cold metal table.

"Woah, there!" A veterinarian warned. "Where am I?" I asked frantically, then winced at the pain on my back.

I felt a hand on my ankle. "Don't worry, Luca. You're going to be okay." Scott informed. "Scott? Why am I at the vet's?" I groaned.

He chuckled, along with the vet and Stiles. "Um, well..."

"I'm very experienced with these kinds of wounds." The vet said. What's going on, I wondered. "What happened last night?" I asked my cousin. 

The only thing I remembered was helping out Ms. Blake—and Cora! Oh, my God. I saw Cora! Why was she there though?

Scott scratched the back of his neck. "There was an animal on the loose and Deaton wanted us to go catch it because it had some weird sickness that made it all crazy and dangerous?" Stiles said. "Okay?" I tilted my head in confusion.

He nudged Stiles' side harshly making him whine. "Just go get some rest, Luca." I followed his orders and closed my eyes.

    - A  Y E A R  A G O -

"Luca!"

I see Cora running and tackling me to the ground, kissing me on the lips. I smiled and chuckled at her sudden behavior. "Hey, speedy. What's got you all happy?" I asked her. She just smiled. "Nothing. I just love you." She answered.

I grinned. Ever since we confessed our feelings for each other, we became even closer. "Well, I love you too." I told her, kissing the tip of her nose as she giggled.

We got up and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, looking down at her. "What? Is there something on me?" She questioned, covering her face. I laughed and got a hold of her hands, making a clearer view of her. "Nothing's on you. You're beautiful." I complimented. 

Remembering what I needed to do, I reached out in my pockets and dug out a piece of jewelry. "I also wanted to give you this..." I showed the brunette my gift as she shook her head in disbelief. "Luca, I—what? You didn't need to buy me anything." She claimed.

"Will you accept this?" I ignored her protests and stared into her eyes. "Yes, I will." She gave in while placed golden necklace around her neck.

"Thank you, Luc." She spoke. "Anything for you." I murmured.

-

It had been a week since I gave my present to Cora and I woke up with no sign of her anywhere. "Cora, where are you?" I called out, but stopped after a while, thinking that she probably just left to do something. I changed into some causal clothes and sat on my bed to see a note and...her necklace.

My heart broke inside when I saw it and opened the note.

        Dear Luca,

        I'm so sorry.

        Cora Hale

My body dropped to the floor, along with the note, feeling paralyzed. Was it me? Was it too much? Was I rushing into our relationship? My mom ran through my bedroom door and asked what was wrong. My dad was off at work and my mom worked at home and just held me. I couldn't answer her, but she knew right from the second she saw the last thing I had of her.

"Oh baby, I'm so sorry." She cooed. She told me that I would find another girl, and that I would love her more than I did with her. But I couldn't.

S C O T T  M C C A L L

"He just saw her and she saw him. They had a moment, until Luca blacked out. Lydia also texted me about his eyes changing colors when he got angry though." I told Deaton.

We surrounded Luca as he fell asleep. "Interesting...and this started with anger, you say?" He questioned. I shrugged. "I don't know. I guess." I shrugged my shoulders. 

"Okay, did Lydia tell you what color his eyes were?" He asked. I nodded my head. "Yeah, she was very descriptive about it. This really light blue with small specks of gold." I quoted.

Deaton face turned into a look of realization. "Ah, I understand now. They are called the 'stratió̱ti̱s tou aímatos', or blood soldier." He said.

"That sounds lovely." Stiles commented sarcastically. 

"What are they? What do they do?" I asked, ignoring Stiles' side comment.

"Well blood soldiers were created by the Greeks many years ago. It is said that at least one parent, who is Greek will pass their powers to their newborn child. Do you know if your aunt, or uncle was one?" He asked me.

I thought about it for a moment. "Yeah, my aunt—his mom." I said. "Blood soldiers born with the task to help protect the Greek gods. Once Zeus became powerful, the gods didn't need the soldiers' protection and were, instead, sent to protect the innocent from the supernatural. Their powers depend on which Greek god they were created from. However, some say that they have the power of what's called, 'Greek Deity Physiology'." He explained.

"Okay, and what's that?" Stiles interjected. "Greek Deity Physiology is the power to mimic Greek Gods and their abilities." He informed.

"That's just fricking fantastic!" The pale boy exclaimed. "So when are we supposed to find out, which God he was created from?" He asked.

Deaton shook his head. "It's going to take some time. If Luca just began to find his true powers, then it will be a while for him to learn how and when to use it and how to even control it. Only time will tell. His kind are becoming extinct unfortunately." He informed. "How?" I questioned, becoming tense.

"There are hunters that go out to kill blood soldiers. They claim that they're not here to protect and are defects to the human race. These people take them out because they believe that they're too dangerous and that they're only purpose is destruction." He revealed.