Chapter Two

My eyes slowly opened and closed to an obnoxious ringing noise until I yawned, causing my dark brown eyes to fully open, exposing them to the bright sunlight. I turned my head to look over at my light grey alarm clock sitting on the wooden nightstand by my bed, it read 6:04 AM. I rolled over and pulled my white curtains to the side, so I was able to look out of the window that was right beside my bed. This was always something I would do in the morning, especially when I lived in New York City. It's so nice and fascinating to look out the window early in the morning and see how busy the city is, even at such a early time. When you think of Los Angeles, you probably think of a huge city with busy streets, but surprisingly we had moved into a regular neighborhood, with regular houses. Sure, it still had that city feel to it, but it was more calm.

            While pushing my white sheets off of my body,  I took my wavy, a little bit long light brown hair out of a messy bun and reluctantly forced myself out of my bed to walk over to my bathroom. After splashing my face with some cold water and brushing my teeth, I walked down the stairs to see my two siblings and my mother at the table eating breakfast. I wasn't all that hungry so I just grabbed a banana and joined my family at the table.

"Are you guys excited for the first day at your new school?" My mom asked with a smile, while holding a cup of coffee in one hand and pushing her curled, blonde hair out of her face.

"Yes!" Isabelle and Christopher both said in unison.

"I guess," I responded while looking down and taking a bite out of my banana.

"Andy, I heard they're offering an after school writing club this year, you should join it!" My mom mentioned.

"I'll think about it," I said blankly while standing up to throw my banana peel away, and making my way back to my room.

                  I looked in the mirror and fixed my hair, then applying a very light layer of mascara. I've never been a fan of makeup, I don't wear foundation, powder, blush, or anything like that, it feels disgusting on my face and I really like the way my face looks without it, it covers up my freckles and they're honestly my favorite thing about myself. I have recently been wearing a little mascara because I feel like my eyes are so plain without it, they don't stand out at all.

               I quickly walked over to my closet and looked at my boring collection of clothes, finally coming to the conclusion on what to wear. I don't care what people think of me, but since this is my first day at a new school, I need to make a good impression, or at least show a bit of my personality.

              I decided to wear a loose black long sleeve shirt, that went a little off my shoulder, with some dark wash
jean overalls. To complete it, I put on a pair of black high socks and my dirty white high top converse, and scrunched my socks down so they were only showing a little bit. I obviously rolled the bottom of my overalls up so the socks were visible, though.

             I gave myself one last look in the mirror, grabbed my black backpack and threw it over my shoulder, and headed out the door, and started to walk to school. My mom didn't want me to take the bus because it was too expensive, and she couldn't drive me because she had work in the morning.

            After about a five minute walk, I pulled up to a huge building with "Valley High School" written on it in big letters. Many of the kids were in this grass area in front of the school, talking and hanging out with their friends. I noticed a lot of them staring at me as I walked up to the school, they were probably wondering who I was, but it didn't really bother me.