Chapter Three

I walked through the crowded hallway's of my new school, seeing unfamiliar faces and hearing unfamiliar voices. It seems like all I saw were groups. There was the popular girls, the jocks, the nerds, you know what I mean. Everyone seemed to be entitled to their own group of friends, and if you didn't look or act like them, you weren't getting in. I wasn't worried, though. I'm sure I'll find at least one friend, I don't want some stereotypical clique defining who I am as a person.

              I had received a piece of paper with my schedule for the first trimester in the mail a few days back, so while walking through the hallway I pulled it out of my backpack and started reading it, to find out what number my locker was, because that was my first stop before any of my classes. As I was focusing on my schedule, I was snapped out of my thoughts when I hit something. I looked up to see a young boy, around my age, staring me in the eyes. He had shorter on the sides, fluffy blondish-brown hair, and these beautiful blue, vibrant eyes. He looked really friendly, not intimidating at all. He was wearing these somewhat light-wash cuffed jeans, a loose navy blue striped sweater, and white Air Jordan's.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," I apologized to the guy.

"It's fine, are you new here? I don't think I've ever seen you around before," He asked, while giving me a nice smile.

"Yeah, I moved here last month from New York, my name's Andy Curtis, what's yours?" I asked, wanting to find out more about him.

"Corey Haim, nice to meet you Andy," He stated, still giving me the smile.

"Nice to meet you, too," I said, smiling back.

"Hey, hopefully we have some classes together!" Corey exclaimed, sounding excited.

"Yeah, hopefully!" I replied as I saw his eyes light up.

"See you around?" He asked, while starting to walk away.

            I smiled at him, nodded "yes", before turning around to make my way towards my locker. See, it wasn't even that bad so far, I've already talked to one person, and I get along with boys way better than girls, so this was a good thing. I feel like all girls talk about is drama, boys, makeup, etcetera. They care too much about what they look like, and what's going on in other people's lives, they almost have a fear of getting messy or dirty, they can't seem to ever have fun. And I love having fun, so it's terrible to hang out with girls, that's why I always lean towards guys.

            I finally found locker number 372, which was mine. After doing the combination, I put some of my books and binders in it, and started reading my schedule. I saw that I had Mr. Brooks first hour for math, which I was not happy about. I hate math and everything about it. I sighed and grabbed my books for math and my schedule, and headed down the hallway to find Mr. Brooks classroom. Soon after searching for a while, I saw a classroom in the corner of a hallway with the name "Mr. Brooks" on the door, and a poster that said; "Math rocks!" Haha, sure.

             As I walked into the room, I noticed that there was only a few people already in the classroom at their desks. Everyone else must've been talking with their friends. I spotted an empty desk towards the back of the room, so I made my way back there and sat down. It was a little awkward since the room was dead silent, so I pulled out the book titled; "The Outsiders," written by S.E. Hinton. This is my fourth time reading this book, I can't get enough of it. It's an amazing story.

           After about five minutes, I heard the bell ring, signaling the start of class. Out of nowhere, there was this herd of like, twenty people all running in at the same time. There were so many conversations going on at once, I had no idea what any of them were talking about.

"Hey, Andy!" I heard a boy yell.

Oh god, who are they, why do they know my name and what do they want.

I kept reading my book just in case it was some disgusting immature teenage boy.

"Dude, who's Andy?" I heard some other boy say.

Like the first time, I continued on reading my book, but then I heard the same boy as the first time talk, but this time he sounded a little closer.

"Andy?" He questioned.

"What?" I asked in a forceful tone, while looking up, only to see that it had been Corey, Corey Haim.

"Oh, Corey, I'm sorry, I didn't know who you were," I said while laughing.

"It's fine," Corey chuckled, "hey, can I sit here?" He said while pointing to the desk right next to me.

"Yeah, go ahead," I told him, while smiling and shutting my book.

Soon after Corey sat down, I heard two other people plop down in the seats behind me. I turned around and saw two young boys, both with blondish-brown hair. The one one the left had dark brown eyes, tan skin, well maintained, somewhat shaggy hair. He was wearing a collared light blue shirt with cuffed jeans, and like Corey, white Air Jordans. The guy on the right was really sweet looking. He had gorgeous, super light eyes. They were mesmerizing. He had dark blonde/golden hair with brown roots, that was somewhat parted towards the middle, and it kind of swayed out on the sides. It was very well kept. He was wearing a green, yellow, and red Bob Marley shirt tucked into navy blue colored jeans with a brown belt, and red Chuck Taylor Converse.

"Oh, Andy, those are my two friends Corey and River," Corey mentioned when he noticed me staring at them as he pointed at the two of them.

Corey was the one on the left, and River was the one on the right.

"Hi," I said to the two boys while smiling.

"Hey!" They both said in unison, with a smile.

I turned back to Corey (Haim).

"What's Corey's last name?" I asked, so I could have a way to tell them apart, since they have to same name.

"Oh, his last name is Feldman, and River's is Phoenix," Corey told me.

"Thanks," I replied, while putting my book into my backpack.