prologue|Ciel|prologue

I watched nauseously as the two-legged pig known as Sebastian Michaelis toyed with his prey. He placed a large, decorated hand on the girls hip and rubbed his thumb over the bone residing there. She giggled and playfully swatted it away, as if she didn't even want it there in the first place. Who was she kidding? A lion and a gazelle sharing the watering hole before one of them was slaughtered. I didn't like the chances for the gazelle.

"Can you believe her?" I scoffed, prying my eyes off the repulsive sight. "It feels like just two days ago, Mey-Rin was complaining about how much of a man whore Michaelis is. Now, she's wrapped around his damned finger!"

"It was two days ago," Alois, my best friend and quite possibly the only person besides me in this whole school who hasn't been taken by the world's most active nymphomaniac, said, rolling his eyes. "I'm honestly surprised. Isn't Mey-Rin the student leader of the FCA club?"

"Fellowship of Christian Athletes my ass. The only fellowship she's in now is the fellowship of Michaelis' to do list."

"I wouldn't say to do..."

I turn around knowing exactly what he meant by that. Sebastian's thumb was kneading at the hem of Mey-Rin's shirt, pulling it up so a long strip of stomach skin was visible. Painted across her left hipbone was a deep purple bruise. A hickey. Oh, but not just any hickey. Sebastian's signature hickey (Amendment to my previous statement: a lion and a gazelle sharing a watering hole after one of them was slaughtered. I was correct about my assumption of the gazelle's chances.). He left a very specific mark in a very specific place whenever he claimed someone, be it male or female (Sebastian wasn't exactly picky, at least not in the way you'd expect), for his own. He loved showing them off, too. Weather it was lift of the shirt or sag of the jeans, he was willing to shift just about any article of clothing to let the world see what he had claimed ownership of. Well... I use the term ownership quite loosely. He grew tired of his prizes just as fast as he grew interested in them. Maybe even faster.

"Ooh, that's a good one. I bet he put that one in his scrapbook," Alois spat playfully. I scoffed in disgust. How could anyone, especially with morals such as Mey-Rin's, let someone like that  take advantage of her so easily, not to mention quickly? I'd never be that way. I'd never understand what was so appealing about Sebastian Michaelis.