Chapter One: Infinity

"I go wherever you go," he says, launching us into the water. This is our start. This is the moment it becomes real. We are married. We are infinite. Me and Conrad. The first boy I ever slow danced with, ever cried over. Ever loved."

-Jenny Han

I pinch myself, metaphorically of course.  Could this really be happening?  The day I had been dreaming of since I was ten years old finally came true, today I was Mrs. Isabel Fisher. Every birthday cake wish, endless nights of dreaming and reminiscing old memories... to end up back here. I guess that's the perfect thing about infinity, it's never-ending abyss held together with no grand introduction or final bow. It's a feeling that can not be traced back to a simple "when" because looking back through strung together memories there was never a single moment when I realized I loved Conrad Fisher. It just always felt right. That somehow I always knew he and I would find a way back to each other. Simply fate. As simple as falling asleep. 

The music began playing Stay by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs but to be honest I could barely hear it due to my uncontrollably racing heart. I worried the thumping was so loud that everyone surrounding us could hear it. I was never good with crowds, I was also not used to wearing semi-high heels which Taylor insisted I buy. I suddenly had a vision of tripping,  wiping out in front of our entire family, and being the next viral video. Headline being- "Bride Falls, Takes Down Wedding Party Like A Giant Bowling Ball". Conrad, although oblivious to my overactive sense of imagination, kissed me gently on my forehead. He grabbed me closer as I laid my chin comfortably on his shoulder. His shirt was still very wet from our secret beach expedition. Suddenly that vision of fear dissipated and the only thing in my mind was Conrad; the boy who would never let me fall.

"You okay?" He whispered softly in my ear.

"Perfect," I whispered back. I saw a smile form across his face. "Are you surprised we ended up here?" I asked.

Still holding me, hands balanced around my waist and mine draped gently over his shoulders, he replied, "not at all".

I leaned in closer to his ear and with a definite sureness, whispered, "Me neither..." He twirled me around, spinning me closer.

Most of me wasn't surprised at all, Conrad and I were always meant to be together since the beginning. That I was sure of. Every summer of my life had brought me closer to this one, this moment. However deep, deep down, I guess I was a little bit surprised- I mean, just a few summer's ago Jeremiah and I had been engaged. How did we get from that to here, where had the time gone? I still remembered everything Jeremiah had told me that day -our wedding day- and I meant everything I told him. He asked me that day if part of me still loved Conrad. But the truth was; my heart was divided and Conrad would always have a part of it. But I soon realized that so would Jeremiah, it's just how it was. He was my best friend and I really did love him. I just loved Conrad more.

...

Jeremiah's POV:

I stood on the side of the dance floor and watched her dance (or attempt to dance). They came back soaking wet, her hair no longer in perfect curls. And as much as I didn't want to admit it... she looked happy. The entire wedding thing was bittersweet, the better half of me was happy knowing she was happy. The other half was slightly devastated. I came to the wedding with Shauna, a friend from work and somewhat on and off again girlfriend, nothing serious. Nothing compared to the relationship I had with Belly.

If it was anyone else I might have been mad, but this was Belly. After our almost wedding it took every part of me to stop myself from chasing after her. There would be no point; if I did catch up to her what would I say. Besides I was the one that had let her go. I meant what I said though, she deserved to find out for sure. But I also knew that once she was gone; she'd be gone for good. I was the reason she went running back to Con. I let it happen; all because I kept telling myself that I was the good brother. I only wished she could see it too.

After the newlyweds had finished her first dance the crowd cheered. I glanced over at Laurel who was being handed a tissue courtesy of Taylor. She had been tearing up too; her mascara beginning to smudge. Girls are just too emotional I thought. I remember when Belly and I were dating she'd constantly complain about her friendship with Taylor. After a few nights of swearing, she would never speak to her again they would eventually forgive each other and go back to being best friends- happened every time. At the end of the day, they were there for each other. I missed having someone like that; a person who had my back no matter what I did or what new level of stupidness I achieved. Back in the day, Conrad was that person. He wasn't just my older brother, my confidant, he was my friend. He was the only one who truly understood what I was going through when my mom died, of course, because he was feeling the exact same thing. She was our mother after all. After the whole Belly drama, Conrad and I just weren't the same, as brothers, let alone as friends. In regards to our friendship; it was long gone. Nonexistent.

...