Chapter Three: Firsts

I began walking up to the front door; heel in each hand. Conrad ran ahead of me and scooped me up. My girlish shriek was barely heard over the joyous sound of laughing. I held on tightly as he carried over the threshold; turning on the lights with my foot. He gently threw me onto the couch; landing with a soft bounce. I heard the old springs creek as Conrad sat down right beside me. I ran my hands through his shaggy, brown hair. He kissed me tenderly. His eyes were closed. I felt his nose beside mine. I felt each soft breath as he inhaled and exhaled; me trying to match his as I continued kissing him.

"You sure you want to do this?", he opened his eyes and glanced right into mine; looking slightly dazed. His eyes reminded me of an infinite night sky, like the night we had shared under the stars which felt so long ago. In my mind, that night would always be perfect, one of my top moments following this one. I nodded shyly. Conrad grabbed me by the hand while I trailed quickly behind him, up to the stairs into his darkened bedroom. This was it; I was about to give all of myself to Conrad Fisher. Please take care of me. I thought to myself as I slowly began unbuttoning his dress shirt; my hands shaking eagerly.

He laid above me; his sweaty palms pinning my arms gently to the bed. When you're that close to a person everything feels magnified, even the slightest flex his muscles made when he breathed, felt bigger. Every emotion was intensified even when I thought it was impossible to love him more. His soft eyelash brushed subtly against my cheek giving me an instant, internal rush. I could tell Conrad was nervous; afraid of hurting me as if I was a delicate ornament scared of somehow breaking. It did hurt a little like I anticipated it would but the pain was worth it for those few drawn-out minutes; Conrad and I were one.

The room had a musty smell, the smell of sweat and dust compiled from the past year in an unopened house. The frost creeping upon the glass detached us from the outside world into the easy comfort of the semi faded four walls which surrounded. Only a dim sliver of moonlight shone upon his face, making his glossy eyes appear even bluer. The nakedness of his face made me feel this strange uncontrollable desire. And for a split second, he looked like the once innocent little boy I knew, the one I used to adore. However, a quick glare down his steamy figure and muscular build assured me the boy had been long gone. He gripped me softly with his clammy hand and gently removed a stranded hair off my face. Even in the blackness of night, I knew him. Even if I were blind I'd still know every part of him.

We laid there cemented on the rigidity mattress staring into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity; concentrating solely on the air caught between our nearly touching faces. I stared into his eyes and stroked his face once; trying to memorize this very moment. Between kissing my neck, Conrad heavily whispered, "I wish this...you were my first...I'm sorry", slowly swallowing each word. I continued to kiss him passionately with a deep urgency. I love you, I mouthed.

...

FLASHBACK:

I week after our engagement, Conrad came to my house. My mom always let him stay the night because she didn't like him driving back to Boston the same day. Worked out for me; I got to spend more time with him. My mother was working late that night and appointed Steven to secretly "chaperone" us even though I was twenty-three almost twenty-four. It's not that she didn't trust Con; it's that I don't think she really trusted me after the whole Jere incident. Naturally, Steven left five minutes after my mom did to go to one of his friend's house parties; in other words to get shit-faced.

"As fun as it is to see you and my baby sis get all kissy kissy; I'm headed out", he said to Conrad making a gagging face. Of course, pretending I was invisible. "I'm staying at Nick's so don't wait up."