14

A couple of days have passed since our incident while hunting. Me and Nessie got the satisfaction of drinking the donated blood, much to Momma's protests. But she also didn't want to go back hunting. Aunt Alice had been tense, and trying to not be around the wolves, or Nessie and I. She didn't want our blind spots interfering with her visions. I don't know what she's trying to see, but only time can tell.

Poppa, Nessie, and I were playing the piano one day. Poppa near the window, Nessie in the middle, and me on the end next to where Momma was standing. Jake, Seth, Aunt Rose, Uncle Emmet, and our grandparents were watching us. Momma was leaning against the piano, closest to me.
Poppa began playing Nessie's lullaby, she soon caught on and played with no mistakes.
Poppa then began the intro to mine. I'd never heard it until today, considering he hadn't played it for me yet. I smiled once he was finished. I wanted to play something that Poppa had once taught me. Poppa nodded reading my thoughts.
I placed my fingers on the keys and played Momma's lullaby, that Poppa made her. I played gracefully without a mistake.
I was about to finish the last chorus, when a loud shattering erupted from behind me. I quickly stopped and turned around, only to see Aunt Alice standing with her hands in front of her, a vase of flowers imprinted into her hands, now only to be shattered on the ground.
Uncle Jasper set down his book and quickly rushed to her side. "Alice, what did you see?" Uncle Jasper demanded. Poppas eyes widened in horror.

"The Volturi... They're coming for us."

Everyone was silent as they listened to her shocking words.
"Honey come here." Momma told me. I ran to her and she wrapped her arm around me. Jake stood next to Momma, he stared down at me as if I were to disappear any second. 

"They're coming with Irina, for us all. When it snows." Aunt Alice started panicking. Uncle Jasper wrapped his arms around her. Momma held me tighter, her coldness mixing into my warm skin.
Poppa sighed. "Irina thinks, Elizabeth and Renesmee are immortal children."

* * * * * * * *

'Are you sure everything is alright?' I asked Jake with my palm on his cheek.
We were in the living room sitting in the couch. I was leaned against him, his arm around me hugging me close.

He sighed. "I'm not so sure Elizabeth, but whatever it is, I'll protect you with my life." Jacob whispered, I felt my heart warming. I turned my body and wrapped my arms around his muscular frame, hugging him as tight as I could. He did the same only softer.
"Thank you, Jake." I said muffled into his shirt.
"No problem, love." he mumbled back.

We pulled apart as Momma walked in the room.
"Elizabeth, it's past your bedtime." She said.
I frowned at the reason to fall asleep at a time like this.
"But how can I sleep when there's something going on and I can't do anything to help?"
Momma walked over to us and crouched down in front of me.
She smiled softly.
"Elizabeth.." She took her hands in mine. "that's the thing. You can help us by not worrying. Right now you need to go to bed, tomorrow we are visiting our cousins."
My frown faded at the word 'cousins'. I always wanted cousins like a normal family. Momma smiled as she saw my face light up.

* * * * * * *

Poppa sat Nessie and I in the Volvo. We had to share the middle seat since Jake and Seth were coming with us. We no longer needed car seats so it was easy this way. Jake soon slid in the car next to me on my right, Seth came in as well.
Momma and Poppa had already got in the car using vampire speed. I looked at Momma through the mirror and noticed something was off.
"Momma."
She turned to look at me while Poppa started the car and began driving, his knuckles tightened around the wheel.
"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Alice and Jasper left... I think to find more witnesses."

Oh no.
Why would they leave and not say good bye? How could they just leave like that?
Okay I'd better stop thinking about it and focus on our trip to the Denali's.