This must be... a dream.

'I'm dead... I'm dead... I'm freakin' dead for reals this time.'

Again my vision blurred in and out, (nostalgic much?) but my eyes finally adjusted and I was surrounded by complete whiteness. I pushed myself up and realized I was on a bed. People always ask at this moment, 'Am I in heaven?' but I assessed what I saw around me and pretty much figured out I was in the hospital.

I breathed in deeply and let out a big sigh. 'What an odd dream I had... The scenery was very pretty though... 'til the end at least... stupid cat monster...' I wondered how long I had been out and hoped a nurse would come along and explain to me who found me and took me to the hospital; that ditch could barely be seen from the freeway... maybe someone was kayaking on the lake and saw me. I looked around, hoping to find a call button of some sort but nothing... 'This must be some old-fashioned hospital... looks nothing like the hospital in my hometown... did I get taken somewhere else?' No TVs, no beeping electronics, no technology. There was a closed window to my right covered in a sheet curtain. It was daytime from what I could tell. A long curtain closed half of the room to my left, making me assume another patient was there. I jumped onto the floor (the bed's a little tall for me) and peeked open the curtain, and to my expectation it was empty... no one occupied the other bed. I had the whole room to myself, which was nice since it's kinda bothersome to have someone else in your so-called private hospital room. So, I layed back down on my bed and waited... and waited.

Finally, I heard the door creak open. Someone was coming in. The door opened so slow it made the creaking and squeaking seem like it lasted forever. I sat up hoping to talk to the nurse instead of having her just check my vitals but when the curtain opened up I was so baffled I couldn't understand anything that was in front of me. Was it a huge TV? Was it someone cosplaying? Or maybe a life-size puppet that someone was moving? It came closer to me with a smirk turned to cheesy smile... and I could see I was clearly going out my mind. Maybe that was it. I was in an asylum; I went insane after my accident and was now hallucinating an anime character... but then it placed itself beside the bed and opened its mouth. He spoke...

'What did he just say!?' I froze with shock and was clearly out of my mind. My jaw dropped as he looked at me in a surprised funny way.

"Konnichiwa! Ogenki desu ka?" (Hi! How are you?) he repeated himself and smiled politely at me again. I looked down at his feet hoping he was a huge TV screen and had subtitles at the bottom... Nope! There was nothing. So, I screamed.

"AAAAAaaaaaahhhh!" He took a step back and dropped a flower he had been holding in his hand. His expressions changed from scared to concerned to confused. I closed my eyes tightly, hoping it was just some weird vision and hearing distortion... some REALLY but VERY EXTREMELY WEIRD distortion of some sort. But when I opened my eyes again I saw his confused face right in front of mine.

"Daijōbu?" (Are you ok?) I looked at him perplexed. I couldn't understand how this was happening. 'What the hell is this!?.... This must be some CRAZY dream.... if not, then I'm delusional. HA! I'm going nuts!' I lifted up my hand up, even though I was extremely tense pout of being super confused and freaked out, and managed to extend my index finger and curl the rest of them into my palm. As my hand kept reaching to discover if he was real, his eyes stared at my hand and followed it until it lightly touched his cheek with the very tip of my pointing finger.

"Eek!" I squeaked and backed away from his face and contemplated. 'He's real alright... at least in this dream he is... Yes! A dream!' He backed away and gave me a more confused look. He scratched his head,

"Anata wa kimyōna no shurui o engi shite imasu. Anata ga koko ni mawari kara janai, anata wa arimasu ka?" (You're acting kind of weird. You're not from around here, are you?) I looked at him confused but then realized... 'He's speaking Japanese... Damn it! Why didn't I pay attention in Jap. 101! Stupid me...' I looked down and hoped I could remember something so I could at least communicate with him in a way...