Chapter 2 - Change of Heart

Claire's POV

I was happy that Owen had decided to stay with me. It's surprising how one day can change your whole perspective on pretty much everything. Before today I would have never dreamed that I would talk to Owen again, never mind have him stay at my place. I still couldn't believe that he had kissed me - in front of Zach and Gray I might add. I'm so glad they didn't mention any of that to their mother. I never expected spending the whole day with Owen would change every little feeling I had for him.

Suddenly the boat started rocking slightly. I felt the blood drain from my face partially. Owen must of noticed because the next thing I knew is he had his arm around me.

"You okay Claire? You look really, really pale." Owen asked, pulling me closer to him. "Your frozen! What's wrong?" I really wasn't sure what was wrong, was it trauma?

"I'm not sure." I said. The reason I was freezing was obvious however. I was stood outside on a boat, in nothing but a torn up skirt and tank top.

"Maybe it's just seasickness." Owen said softly, trying to reassure me. I felt myself shivering so I burrowed myself further into Owen, like a new born snuggling into it's mother. "We better get to the edge of the boat in case you have to be sick." I shook my head, I was happy where I was. I was happy being snuggled into Owen. It was then it hit me - safe. Owen made me feel safe.

"I don't want to move." I mumbled.

"Why?" Owen asked.

"I feel safe here." Owen caught onto what I meant. He held me slightly tighter. I placed my head on his chest and started to feel myself drifting off to sleep.

Owen's POV

Claire started to fall asleep. I looked down at her and smiled despite everything that had happened she seemed peaceful which also was a first, Claire was usually tense.

Claire had been asleep for about fifteen minutes before I noticed we had just about reached the dock.

"Claire." I whispered. "Claire wake up."

"Why?" She murmured.

"We're about to dock." Claire lifted her head up.

"Alright." She mumbled. I kept my arm around her because she still felt cold. I decided it was time to get something covered, it was something that had been confusing me and I guessed it had been confusing Claire as well.

"Claire, what are we?" I asked slowly. Claire sat up and I moved my arm away from around her.

"Uhm... I'm not sure Owen." Claire said nervously. "Zach called you my boyfriend earlier..." I smirked slightly.

"Seriously?" I asked. Claire smiled.

"Yeah." She giggled lightly.

"When was this?" I said jokingly crossing my arms.

"When you were hunting the Indominus Rex with the raptors. I was watching you on the laptop and Zach said out of the blue 'your boyfriend's a badass.'" Claire explained.

"I'm guessing you explained I wasn't." I said. Claire smiled again.

"I might not have." Claire smirked.

"You didn't tell him off? Wow, change of heart much." I joked. Claire rolled her eyes. "So, do you want me to be your boyfriend?" I took a huge step.

"I guess I kind of do. Only if you want me to be your girlfriend." Claire said nervously.

"Well then. It's official." I smiled. Claire moved closer to me. "Also, when did your feelings change?"

"What do you mean?" Claire asked.

"I mean, when did you start to like me, I thought you hated me." I said.

"I've never hated you Owen, I just didn't genuinely like you." Claire said. "I mean you did show up to our date in board shorts! Who does that."

"Okay I guess I understand that, but like I said - it gets hot." I said. Claire rolled her eyes again.

"Anyways. As for my feelings changing. I think that either happened when you kissed me or when Zach called you my boyfriend." Claire explained, slightly blushing when she mentioned the kiss.

"Aw that's cute." I joked. She playfully punched my arm. Suddenly the boat stopped.

"I guess we're back." Claire said.

"So, only a plane journey to go." I said.

"Yup, the airport is only a ten minute walk from here." Claire smiled. Claire's phone then suddenly rang.

"Hello." She said.
"Oh hey Karen."
"Sure, lemme just check with Owen." Claire moved her phone from her ear and placed her hand over the mic.
"Owen, is it okay if we walk to the airport with Karen and the boys." She asked me.

"Sure." I smiled. I liked the boys, Zach and Gray.

"He's fine with it." She said as she placed her phone back to her ear.
"Shut up." Claire joked.
"Alright, meet you in a few minutes."
"Bye." Claire finished the call and came back over to me.

"Where we meeting them?" I asked.

"Just outside, follow me." She said. Despite the fact she had been wearing heels all day, she could still run really well. I guess I really underestimated her. "Hurry up!" I just laughed and ran over to her.

"Alright, alright." I ran along side her as we made our way through the crowds of staff members and their families.

"I see them, they're over there." Claire said pointing to the shop outside the boat.

"Claire, hold on." I said. She stopped and turned towards me.

"What?" She asked.

"Are we gonna tell them?" I replied.

"About us?" She said awkwardly.

"Yeah... Do you think we should?"

"I guess we should. Do you want to tell Zach and Gray and I'll tell Karen and Scott (Karen's husband) or vice versa?" Claire asked.

"I'll tell Zach and Gray, won't be as awkward." I stated. Claire nodded her head.

"True that." She smiled. "So I'll tell Karen and Scott. Karen is going to freak out that I'm in a relationship." I laughed at Claire's reaction.

"Come on, you ain't that bad at relationships. Plus you have your cute fiery red hair. Which honestly - looks better wavy." I decided to boost her confidence a bit, plus her hair was pretty cute so I wasn't lying. Claire blushed.

"Wow Owen. I didn't know you could be this sweet. In fact it's worrying me ever so slightly." Claire laughed, her cheeks still flushed. "But I think I like it." She added. I smirked at her.

----------------------------------------------

Chapter two completed! Hope you guys enjoy. I realised once looking through my first chapter yesterday that I made a lot of typos and mistakes but went back and sorted them out. Also thanks so much for all the sweet and supportive comments about my writing and the story. I really appreciate it and it boosts my confidence, so thanks again.

-Jinxx/Lana