7 - DAY III: Trapped

Link leaned back at the wall beside the door leading to their freedom on his spot on the ground as he sighed and closed his eyes.

Zelda remained reading the book.

"...."

"...."

"...."

"...- Do you not really want to talk about anything?" Link couldn't function properly with no noise and all silence since he had travelled with a rather for lack of a better word, talkative imp and is now used to most of the noise.

Zelda didn't budge, she just turned a page before finally let out an icy response. "Then talk to shadows."

Link rolled his eyes. "Haha, you know what I don't understand?" He straightened in his seat and gazed at the princess who ignored him.

"You," she still hadn't bothered to spare him a glance and did no indication she heard him. Zelda just kept reading.

"Are insensitive and seems to hold a grudge on me even though basically, I should really be the one that should be icy and cold to you since the Royal Family caused all the mess that happened with Zan- " Link suddenly closed his mouth shut and mentally hit himself, Midna, he recalled a conversation of them to not blame Zelda becau-

"Do continue." The princess is now staring at him with a serious look, her normally holier-than-thou expression is gone and replaced.

Link just shook his head. "Nevermind, past is pas- "

"No, finish what you started." She demanded, the book in her hands started to burn under the fire that she probably unconcsiously produced while saying it but managed to control herself.

Link looked nervous. "Uh... no, it's really okay a- and besides," he sudenly stood up and eyed a mirror a little ways away from them. "I don't take orders from you."

He saw from the mirror that Zelda seemed to be struggling to say a word and realized something; her mask is starting to break, she's losing her composure!!! 'In a bad way though...' Link stared at the mirror some more and observed that the princess had managed to compose herself and returned to her default expression. And it all happened in what seemed like a span of three seconds...

'A new record.' He mused as he idly keep staring at the mirror to see that she had continued reading as if nothing happened.

Link remained silent for a few moments as he gazed hard at her reflection. Why is she so cold? What did I do to her anyway? No wait, what did they even do to her? It'll be tough to break her wall and it seems cutting grass and breaking pots is more easier than this.' Link inwardly gritted his teeth as he contemplated how to break her wall.

They're going to be here for a while...

♡♥♡

By while, he meant what seemed like a thousand hours but just really twenty minutes.

"U---"

"I appreciate the silence until you started opening your mouth."

Link wisely shut up.

♡♥♡

He chose to whistle a happy tune to call for Epona and knowing its inevitable made Link all the more lonely while plotting for the demise of Marth and subconsciously Peach because she didn't stop him. Samus, for not supporting him in this. The one who couldn't choose which side will he truly be in, Pit. And then there's Ike. The man who he thought was a friend but sided with the hoe. Oh, and Ganondorf. For putting him in this situation.