Chapter 15

Faith's POV

I was laying upside down through the beams and off the edge of my loft in my room, when Avi decided to rudely interrupt Haleigh's and my conversation about this guy named Dylan we met at camp.

My opinion was he was okay but she could do better and she had her heart set on him. Ridiculous I know.

"Hey what's going on with you?" I was curious as to why he came in here.

"You need to start packing up your things." He sounded really rushed

"Why" he is refusing to give me any details.

"Pack anything you would want for the next few months"

"Okay" I responded. With that he left me to myself closing the door behind him.

I opened up my closet and got out a bunch of my clothes and walked into my bathroom to grab things like my toothbrush.

I also grabbed my Bari and Alto saxes, and my violin.

By this time it was about 10 o'clock p.m. and I started dragging my stuff down the stairs and dropped them off by the front door.

I noticed Avi had all of his stuff down here as well.

I looked around and all the lights were off except for the kitchen light that was dimmed and the tv that was on.

I walked down the narrow hallway to see a sleeping Avi passed out on the couch and Kirstie finishing up the popcorn they were eating for movie night.

Ooh they're watching Inception. I walked around the couch and sat down next to Kirstie on the floor.

"Hey"

"Hi girly you okay I thought you went to sleep."

"I was going to but then dad told me to start packing for something. He wouldn't tell me."

I've started to get used to calling Avi 'dad' now so I call him both.

"If I tell you Faith you can't tell Avi I told you."

"Okay I won't"

"So whats happening is we are starting tour again."

"I thought tour didn't start for another few days."

She started to explain everything to me.

"We weren't supposed to but there were a few technical difficulties which resulted in us having to go a few days earlier to sort out everything"

"Why didn't he just tell me that"

"Because Faith, you have a tendency to be forgetful when your excited. I'm guessing he didn't tell you so that you would pack and not forget something important"

"Ohhhhhhh! Okay then that makes sense. But I'm not that forgetful"

"Oh yeah? Remember that one time you were so excited for a school trip that you forgot your swimsuit so you had to have someone from the orphanage go down to Alabama and give it to you so you could swim?"

"How do you know that!?"

"When we adopted you we asked if there were any concerns or tendencies for you. Forgetfulness was one of them."

I went silent.

"Don't worry about it chica you're fine. Now, go get yourself some sleep. We need to get up early to hit the road."

I gave her a hug and she kissed my forehead sending me back upstairs.