3

July 9th -- 8:45pm

I was the last one here, and I arrived ten minutes before the group was over. I got many disapproving looks, but I didn't care. I glanced at Scorpio who looked back at me rather annoyed. He had an empty chair beside him. Suddenly I felt bad. I brushed that feeling away and went to sit there. After all, there were no more empty chairs.

"Gerard, nice to see you." Linda said sarcastically. I nodded her way. I vaguely heard Scorpio mumble something my way, but I didn't even look at him.

Linda finished with some inspirational bullshit before saying the meeting was over and she'd see us all next week. I sighed and stood up, making my way out of the building.

I didn't stop at the metal pole this time. I walked right by it, making my way back to my house.

"Hey, wait!" I heard Scorpio yell. I rolled my eyes and didn't look back at him. I kept walking.

"What the hell is your problem?" He yelled. Again, I didn't answer. It was better if he hated me. Everyone hated me, and I was just fine with that. 

I felt a hand grasp hard onto my shoulder and spin me around. I gasped and flinched back instantly. 

"Do not touch me." I spat, glaring.

"Sorry, but honestly what is your deal tonight?" He asked. He wasn't the least bit sorry. 

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I just want to help you. Listen, I'm sorry for grabbing you, but you wouldn't turn around and I needed to talk to you." He said.

"Why did you need to talk to me?" 

"Well, I wanted to ask if you wanted to maybe uh, hang out tomorrow or something." He said. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why me? You probably have tons of other friends." I mumbled.

"Me? Nah. Remember, I'm the faggot, the freak." He laughed. I cracked a smile which made him smile even bigger.