6

A/N: I've been updating this so frequently because I'm in love with this story. I literally can't write anything else right now. This story is my baby. Js. 

July 18th -- 1:06am

I was in the park, smoking another cigarette. It was really dark, the only light was the street-lamps in the distance and the glow of the end of my cigarette. It was rather late-- or should I say, early, and nobody knew where I was. 

I liked to do things in these early hours, because everyone was asleep. Everyone was too busy dreaming away to notice me, sitting on the bench across from that fucking tree, smoking away my life and contemplating whether to blow my brains out or not.

I looked up at the moon which was simply a crescent shape tonight. When I was younger I would sit outside with the man I called my father and look at the moon. My mother told me that I'd get worried whenever the moon would start to disappear, and wonder when it would come back. Whenever it was fully gone, I would get really upset. I don't really believe that, though. 

I heard footsteps on the grass behind me, and I actually got kind of frightened. Ever since I met Scorpio, my life hasn't been utter hell. It actually started to have some meaning. Those thoughts vanished as soon as I remembered that I was going to cut Scorpio out of my life. I was toxic for him.

Speaking of the devil, I smelled cigarettes and the ocean, and knew immediately who was behind me. Ironically it was Scorpio who's face was illuminated as soon as he stepped out from behind me, his eyes meeting mine and his mouth twitching upwards in the slightest indication of a smile. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and slouched over.

"Fancy meeting you here." He said, his voice low and quiet. He sounded sad.

"Did you follow me?" I asked. He shook his head and shuffled over to me, situating himself on the bench, beside me.

"I was coming here to do the same thing you're doing." He said.

"And what is it that I'm doing?"
"Mourning what could've been." He said, taking a carton of cigarettes out of his pocket and sticking one in his mouth. He brought his own lighter this time, a plastic blue one. He held it to his cigarette and it sparked to life. He inhaled and put the cigarette between his fingers. He exhaled the smoke in a way that looked almost godly. He was so pretty.

"You're staring."

I frowned and shook myself out of my daze, looking away from him.

"You know, we could just be friends. You don't have to push yourself away from me." He said simply, putting the cigarette back in his mouth. 
"Who told you that?" I asked, suddenly defensive. If Linda told him that, along with everything else, I would ruin her.
"Nobody. I just know." He said. For some reason I believed him. I rolled my eyes. "You don't know anything about me."

"I know more than you've told me. I'm a very intuitive person, Gerard. I know you think you're gonna drag me down, right? You think you're a bad influence, or that I'm gonna get better and you're not. Well, guess what?" He said, moving closer to me. "I'm as fucked up as you are-- maybe more. You don't know a thing about me, but I want you to. So, suck it up. Be my friend, take advantage of me while you can. I won't be here for long." He said, leaning his head on the back of the bench and taking a long drag of his cigarette. I nodded, absorbing what he just said. 

I looked over at Scorpio who was staring at the sky. He turned his head to me and caught my eyes which were staring, yet again. He smiled and slowly moved his hand closer to mine, keeping eye contact with me, silently asking permission. I nodded. He smiled even wider and grabbed my hand which was palm-down on the bench. He turned it over and intertwined his fingers with mine.