Chapter 27

Aria's outfit above ☝🏻

*********************************************************************************

I entered school and acted normal. The news about me and Connor was all normal now and everyone has started minding their own business. I didn't have those 'everyone is starring at me as I walked' moments. However today as I walked past people, they were giving me looks of sympathy. I shrugged it off knowing it probably had something to do with another fake news.

I walked over to my locked and dialed in the combination. I opened my locked and face palmed when many things came falling down. Yeah my locker was a little tidy. And by a little, I mean it was nothing close to tidy.

I sighed and bent down to pick up everything, but noticed a thin ladylike hand helping me too. I shrugged thinking it might be any girl. I heard a few gasps, and I looked to my right to see a whole crowd. Don't these people have anything going on in their own lives? I shook my head at our stereotypical school. Couldn't it be like one of the schools in which the people didn't really care?

Once I finished picked up the books, I looked up to thank the person but I ended up gasping as well. Okay not who I expected to see....

"Your helping me?" I asked in disbelief as I stood up. She stood up too and handed my books over to me.

"Aria I know I can act like a female dog sometimes, but I'm sorry. I heard what happened... You know the kidnapping incident cause of Connor... Actually the whole school knows," she said chuckling. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry."

I looked around and noticed everyone had their eyes wide open with mouths hanging. That was a surprise... Kiera the one and only had apologized to me! "Why didn't you swear, I mean you said female dog..." I said hoping she would continue the sentence.

"She looked down and then back up at me. "Cause you don't like it when people swear, and I want to prove that I'm sorry," she said showing me a smile that somehow said I'm sorry.

I nodded and sighed. "I don't know if I can forgive you, you know this has been going on since 4th grade."

"Give me today and I'll show you that in sorry."

I nodded. There was nothing else I could do, everyone deserves a second chance right?

"Great meet me after school," she said clapping her hands and rushing to her own locker. Weird...

***********************************************************************

I ate lunch in the library while trying to avoid Connor, cause I know that he will ask me about yesterday. I only had one class with Connor, and he wasn't there so lucky me. Typical Connor. I was now standing in the parking lot waiting for Kiera to show up. I tapped my foot on the ground impatiently and looked at my watch. It was 3:15 so I had been waiting for 10 minutes already. I couldn't walk away cause that would be rude, but what it she's ditching me???

I began walking away but stopped when I heard a voice calling me.

"Sunshine wait up!" Sunshine? What the heck... I turned and saw Connor jogging up to me. I gave him my biggest fake smile and stopped so he could catch up. "What happened yesterday?" He asked as he stood in front of me.

I looked up at him and shrugged. "Nothing really, I was just really tired and on top of that, had an argument with mom," I said in a way telling the truth.

"Oh, so do you want me to drop you home?"

"No we are hanging out," Kiera said coming of of nowhere, making me jump. She chuckled and hooked our arms. Connor looked at me as if asking, 'are you sure?' I simply nodded and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, and soon Kiera started dragging me away.