Chapter 29

Read authors note below to understand the picture....

*******************************************************************

"Aria!!!!!" I heard an high pitched scream on the other end of the hallway. What a perfect way to start the chapter! NOT.

Exhausted with her, I turn around a give her a small fake smile. "Yes Kiera?" I asked. I was whining but I tried my best to make it sound normal.

"ITS PROM TODAY!!! She squealed like a little girl, whose crush just proposed to her. "OMG, calm down Kiera, calm down" she told herself and I rolled my eyes. Do her friends seriously go through this everyday? Wow I feel sorry for them. "OMG!" She screamed again, and this time half the people in the hallway covered their ears, and the other half rolled their eyes. I guess they were used to this too huh? No one really payed attention when Kiera was screaming in the hallway, cause come on... Its Kiera were talking about.

"Whose taking you there?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. The question is... Is anyone taking her there? I mean i'm already feeling sorry for her future boyfriend. They will have to deal with her. Wow how many people snap at her each day. Omg and how the heck do her parents deal with her???

"Callum," she replied, (more like squeaked). I could tell she was trying to sound normal, (notice the try part) but failed miserably. Duh. Callum was a jock here. He played football, and was the captain. He was very good looking indeed. He has green eyes and blonde hair thats always messed up. He isn't exactly a player, instead he is really kind. Believe it or not, I have talked to him many times before. I used to have a crush on him in 6th grade... I mean who wouldn't?

"I'm coming to your house tonight and helping you get ready Aria!!!" She said her voice getting higher towards the end. "No excuses!" She told sternly, and walked away before I could make up a stupid excuse. Oh no. Helly's gonna be mad. Mad mad mad.

******************************************************************************

"Are you going to prom?" I asked Helly, as we made our way to lunch. Well Kiera hasn't really talked to me since our encounter in the morning. Although she keeps on walking towards me, but me being well... me run away from her. So basically she tried to talk to me.

"Yeah Aria, i'm going with Ethan," she said sighing. Ethan? Oh my gosh i'm such a horrible friend I didn't ask her about her problems, because I was too busy being selfish, with my own problems.

"Oh my, i'm so sorry jeez i'm an idiot. I'm sorry that day, I was too bust being selfish about my own heartbreak. I'm so sorry Helly!" I said looking at her with a frown. I'm such an idiot!

"It's okay Ari, you were mad and it's ok... I don't blame you," she told me flashing me a toothy grin which I gladly returned. That what I loved about Helly, she would easily forgive me all the times. We had our ups and downs, but at the end we always ended up apologising.

"Helly, you said that you needed someone to talk to, and here I am now. I wasn't here before but now I am, so go ahead and pour your heart out," I told her smiling. Its true, things have been different since before, a little tense. I guess this started when Amelia came in the picture... No I don't have any grudges against her! Heck I could never. She had her reasons and its ok, we even managed to become pretty close. Anyways... then I got kidnapped, and now Kiera comes in the picture. After I was saved from getting kidnapped, I was hoping for things to get, you know... Normal. But no, Kiera came in and made everything awkward. I haven't been able to talk to any of my friends that way we used to talk before, its all become quite reserved. I haven't even been able to hang out with Connor. Today is prom, and the school year has nearly ended. We would all go away and head out to different colleges, and maybe never meet again. It break my heart just thinking about it. If you told me 7 months ago that Connor would be one of the most important people in my life, I would've literally laugh at you. Like a crazy person.