Chapter 4- Babysitting and Investigations

It's Monday morning and we're all in our mission clothing. Sunday was me sitting in the game room with the twins and they literally did not let me out of sight. And right before I came in Rick sent someone to tell me that the mission is still on despite my injuries according to the Captain. Rick is ranting about Mission safety at the moment.

"As I say AGAIN Sgt. Sanders. We stick to the plan, which is?"

"Head to the Capitol building, act like I'm lost, trip and grab the guy in the Grey suit with the grey hair's papers. and then meet you guys back at the door and follow you back home. Got it." I mumbled for the 5th time.

"Okay good. And if we get separated our meeting spot is the fountain. Let's go."

I followed out Rick, Janine, Schmidt, and the twins Danny and Derek. When we walked out the tunnel, we reached the latter that lead to the sewers. As I climbed up the first latterI groaned in pain since I had accidentally used my hurt wrist.

Schmidt who was behind me quickly came over, "You okay?"

I nodded, "I'm fine. Let's keep going."

All the way after the sewers and crawling out into the street. We were unnoticed by the corrupt civilization.

All the poor people on the streets gave almost gave me flashbacks but I pushed them away. I don't want to think of the time after my parents were killed and I was a homeless orphan. Schmidt lightly tapped my shoulder.

He looked deadly serious, "Alright this is where me and Jane head split up. Stay with Rick."

I nodded curtly and walked behind Rick, not too obviously, just as casual as I could make it. The Capitol building is huge and reminds me of the Empire State Building in a way. There are guards all over the place and they are eyeing my suspiciously. Probably because I'm dressed up as a poor person and Rick is over there dressed as a guard. I make my way into the building and scan the area. There are SO many people.

I walk towards the desks and bam there he is. The man Rick described. Holding a bunch of papers as I was told. I walked over there as fast as I could, acting like I didn't know where I was going. Eventually I stumbled into him and we both crashed into the ground.

He mumbled a curse word and gathered his papers. I grabbed a few of them and shoved them in my pocket very quickly.

"I'm so so sorry sir." I kept mumbling as I helped me gather the rest of the papers.

He sighed, "Don't worry about it child." He still looked annoyed when he stormed off.

YES! I did it!

I was headed outside the building when I realize I couldn't stop Rick, or the twins, or any of my people. Shit.