Chapter 17

"Why am I - the most inexperienced driver here - driving this car!? I don't even have my license!" I squealed and violently turned a corner as Kate Argent chased us close behind. Doing my best not to damage the beautiful car.

"Cause neither of us wanted to be in charge of each others lives." Stiles told me and my only response was to whine as I turned another sharp corner.

"Faster?" I asked after a few moments as Kate started to catch up to us. Stiles nodded.

"Much faster." I grimaced as I pressed harder on the acceleration and pushed the car up a gear. I have to admit though, if it weren't for the fact that this was a life or death situation I would have enjoyed driving Derek's car...if it were going slower.

"Ok, Rori, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles said whilst glancing over at his shoulder.

"Stiles, if I go any faster, I'll kill us." I snapped back.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I groaned in defeat and forced the car to speed up even more but they just dropped back. "They're gone." Stiles then pulled out a radio and turned it on.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the Iron Works." Came the Sheriff's voice and we all looked at each other, now knowing why Kate pulled back but it also gave us the location so we could pick Derek back up.

________________________________________________________________________

I quickly pulled up alongside Derek whilst Stiles commanded him to get it. He quickly jumped into the now empty seat since Stiles jumped into the back with Scott, not moments earlier and I was leaving before Derek could even close the door.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott barked (hehe)

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek yelled angrily.

"Who, the Alpha?" Stiles asked.

"Yes! He was right in front of me, and the friggin' police showed up." Derek growled and Stiles was quick to defend them.

"Whoa, hey, they're just doing their jobs -" Stiles was cut off by Derek's stern glare andshrunk back.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek spoke pointedly to Scott.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott groaned, sick of the fact being brought up again.

"Alright!" Stiles interjected, not wanting the fight to any further. "How did you find him?" Derek shook his head and looked out of the window silently.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" I asked.

"Yeah, all of us." As soon as Stiles said this and saw the look on Derek's face, he backtracked. "Or just them. Or even just Rori, I'll be back here." He finished and moved back into the rear seat of the car.

"Look the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" I asked, confused.

"Why him?" Scott queried.

"I don't know yet." Derek admitted.

"What's the second?" Scott asked again and Derek began fishing something out of his pocket.

"Some kind of symbol." Derek mumbled and showed us the picture. I groaned as I realised what the symbol was, Allison having showed me as soon as she got to school the day Kate gave it to her. Scott also recognised the mark as Derek asked us, "what? You know what this is?" I nodded.