Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The Pilot - Part 2

- Photo = Aurora's Hair -

Scott and Stiles continued to stomped through the deep, murky puddle while I stopped, looking down at the muddy water and waited behind them. Not wanting to get wet and -as girly as it sounds- ruin my shoes.

"I don't - I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I - I can - hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things."

"Um, guys?" I called and they both turned around at the sound of my voice. I then gestured to the big puddle.

"What?" Stiles asked and Scott rolled his eyes.

"Look at what she's wearing you idiot."

"Oh" He drew out and we all stood there for a few seconds before Scott hit him in the stomach.

"Oh!" He said again and rushed over, across the puddle to me. "Um, I'm just gonna..." He trailed off and gestured to me. I nodded and he picked me up bridal style causing me to giggle as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiled back and walked across the water, slower this time so he didn't get me wet. Once we reached the other side, I looked up into his eyes.

"Thanks." I whispered.

"No problem." We stared into each others eyes for a few more seconds before I snapped out of it and cleared my throat.

"You can put me down now." I chuckled nervously and his eyes widened.

"Oh! Right!" He gently put me on the floor, holding my waist until I had full balance. "Um, Scott, you said you could smell things? Like what?"

"Yeah," He started with a smirk, looking back and forth at Stiles and I. "Like the mint - mojito in your pocket."

"I don't even have any mint - mojito..." Stiles trailed off, finding the gum in his pocket. Stiles looked up and Scott in confusion. 

"Oh! Can I have one?" I asked and he nodded with a smile and handed me one. I took off the wrapper and placed the gum in my mouth.

"So all this started with a bite." I tensed up but kept walking alongside the boys.

"What if it's like an infection, like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this - It's a specific kind of infection." Stiles said and I looked at him confused.

"Are you serious?" Scott asked and we stopped walking.

"Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called - lycanthropy." I chuckled lightly but otherwise stayed silent.

"What's that? Is that bad?"

"Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month." Scott's eyes widened and he looked at me.

"No, Scott. You're not getting period, don't worry." I rolled my eyes. Stiles chuckled and continued.

"On the night of the full moon." He howled and Scott pushed him, causing Stiles and I to let out a laugh before we started walking forward again . "Hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling." Stiles said defensively.

"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me."

"I know! You're a werewolf! Rrr!" He told Scott and I cringed which neither, luckily noticed. "Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause Friday's a full moon." He said as we stopped walking again.