Chapter 4

A/N- sorry for not updating guys!! It's just only two people have read this so far so it's kinda not worth it... I'm just updating now because I can't sleep!!

----------

Chapter 4

-----------

I was startled as I woke up to my phone letting out a little chime, letting me know I was getting a call.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up in bed. I looked at the phone sitting next to me.

My eyes widened. 11:46?! It was almost noon and I was just waking up!

I picked up the phone and groggily said, "Hello?"

"OH MY EFFING GOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KISSED RYAN GREENE LAST NIGHT!" I heard Zoe shout.

Memories of the night before came flooding back to me. I remembered kissing Ryan for truth or dare and getting redder than a tomato.

I grinned dreamily. "Oh, yeah."

"I'm coming over." Zoe said and slammed her phone shut. Well okay, then.

I got up and pulled on some clothes. My hair was just in a messy bun, and my makeup was smeared but decent enough for company.

I walked downstairs and just as I reached the last stair, the doorbell rang. I opened it and Zoe immediately strode in.

"I cannot freaking believe last night. You and Ryan would make the cutest couple!" She said with a mischievous glint in her eye.

"What's going on?" I said.

"Well," she began. "Last night, at around 1 am, Ryan started texting me."

My eyes widened. "What? What did he say?"

Zoe grinned. "Oh, you're gonna love this. He was asking what kind of boys you like and if you'd ever go out with a guy like him."

"Oh. My. God. Is he gonna ask me out?!" I said.

She nodded quickly. "That's what it seems like!"

Oh wow. That's unexpected. "Let's go hang out in my room. What do you wanna do today?" I said while leading her up the stairs.

"Well, actually I heard Ryan is having a party tonight! Let's go shopping for something to wear, then we can come back here and do our makeup, then go to the party and have a sleepover or something after." Zoe said.

I shrugged. "Well, okay." Zoe and I walked over to my sister's room. We went inside and I could already see the surprised expression on Alyssa's face.

"This is Zoe. We wanted to know if we could go shopping?" I said.

"Well good morning to you too, sis. And yeah, I'm not doing anything, so I can take you. Just let me get out of my sweats first." Alyssa said.

"Yeah! Thanks, Lyss! We'll be right back down." I said.

Zoe and I walked back to my room, where I put on some decent clothes. As I was changing, Zoe said, "how old is your sister?"

"18" I replied.

"She seems cool. Where are your parents?" Zoe said.

"Oh, they're almost always on business trips. I haven't seen them in about a month. They always leave like that. Alyssa is kind of my parent." I said.

Then we walked downstairs and Alyssa was just finishing a bowl of cereal. "You guys ready to go?" She said. We nodded and we all walked out to the car.

"So," Alyssa started. "Shopping for anything special?"

"Yeah, we were gonna go to a party tonight. If that's okay." Zoe said.

"Sounds cool. Have fun shopping." Alyssa said, and pulled up to the front of the mall.

"Thanks, Lyss." I said as Alyssa handed me her credit card.

"If you spend more than fifty dollars, then your outfit better be damn cute." Alyssa said and drove away.

"Ha. She's funny." Zoe said. "Now lets go! I'm gonna make you look SO cute for Ryan tonight!"

We spent a few hours at the mall and ended up with black skinny jeans and a purple lacy shirt that was cute but casual enough to make it look effortless. We decided on just simple black high-top converse.

"Do you wanna find an outfit for you, too?" I said.

"Nah, I'll just find something in the massive closet in your room."

I shrugged. "Kay." I pulled out my phone and dialed Alyssa, and she said she'd pick us up in a few minutes.

The ride home was pretty silent. When we got home, Zoe and I walked up to my room. Zoe walked into my walk-in closet and started searching for something to wear.

"Dang, girl! Your closet's friggin huge!" Zoe said.

"Thanks!" I replied. She ended up wearing an old vintage 80's concert tee crop top that I had cut the sleeves off of, light wash skinny jeans, and the black converse she'd worn here. She looked pretty cute.

Before we changed, though, Zoe said we should do our makeup first. She dragged me into the bathroom and we both washed off our makeup. Zoe turned to me as examined my face. She started applying foundation.

"Um..." I started.

"Sh. I'm working. You can speak when I'm done." Zoe responded with a straight face.

Well, okay then. I fought back a laugh at her serious expression. After a few minutes, she finally said, "Done! You can look and talk now."

I looked in the mirror. She had put on eyeliner on my lower waterline and right above my lash line on my upper lid. Pretty simple, but I looked good.

"And you're gonna wear black sunglasses. You know, the ones in the 'nerd' shape?" Zoe said.

I shrugged. "Okay."

Zoe did her makeup the same way but without the bottom eyeliner.

I looked in the mirror. My makeup looked great, but my hair was frizzy. "Ugh." I said. "Look at my hair."

"Hakuna matata! No worries! Let me work my magic and fix that for you." Zoe said.

I giggled as she pulled my hair straightener out of the first drawer she looked in. She flattened my hair, but she used it differently and my hair ended up looking awesome.

"Dude. Why are you so good at this?" I said.

She laughed. "I guess I spend a lot of time on this kind of a thing." She said.

She did her hair the same way and by the time we were totally ready, it was about time to go.

We were just chilling on the couch for a few minutes when Zoe's phone buzzed. She opened it up and gasped.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning over to peer at the phone.

The text message there totally changed everything.

"Zoe!! There's a rumor going around that Ryan is gonna ask out Carly 2nite! He told me & EVERYONE knows!! -Courtney"