Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I had a pretty good first week of school. Zoe has been treating me like we've been friends forever.

She's really nice. I feel like Zoe and I are best friends already.

Not that I'm ditching Brooke or anything. Brooke texted me and told me she was jealous, in a good way, because she thinks I'm gonna be popular. Yeah, right.

I was currently sitting next to Zoe. It was first period math, and we had been given time to work on our homework. I was helping Zoe with a problem she didn't understand.

"Wouldn't it be 74, though? I'm doing everything right, right?" Zoe said.

"No, see, because you didn't add it correctly. You forgot to carry the one." I said.

"Oh, I get it now. Thanks. You know, you're pretty good at math." Zoe said.

"Thanks." I replied.

"Anyway, what are you doing tomorrow? Me, Courtney, Ben, and John are all going to the plaza. Wanna come?"

"Tomorrow's Friday, right? I think I'm free. Oh, and what's the plaza?" I said.

Zoe laughed. "Auburn Shopping Plaza? Duh! You know, where there's Safeway and everything."

I laughed. "Oh. Right. So are we walking there, or do you want me to meet you or something?" I said.

"I think Courtney's sister is driving us." Zoe said. The bell rang. "Well, see you later!"

"Bye." I said.

***

After school on Friday, I found Zoe and Courtney and followed them to Courtney's car.

"So, Carly, you've never been to the plaza before?" Zoe asked.

"Oh my gosh, you haven't?" Courtney said.

"Well, I have, but not with friends before." I replied.

"Well, we're glad to help create the memory!" Zoe said with a smile.

"Yeah, we'll have a blast!" Courtney said.

"Anyway," Zoe said, "I have to tell you guys something."

"What is it?" Courtney asked.

"I kind of like somebody." Zoe said with a dreamy grin.

Courtney and I squealed. "Who?" Courtney asked.

"Micheal Hart!" Zoe said excitedly.

We squealed again. "I can see why!" I said. "He is absolutely gorgeous! And you guys would make the cutest couple ever!" I said.

"Thanks! Oh my gosh, though, I think he likes me back!" Zoe said.

"He probably does! What's not to like about you?" I said.

"I hope he likes me! Anyway, who do you guys like?" Zoe said.

"I'm kinda into Sam Campbell." Courtney said.

We did the whole squealing process again. I was laughing and smiling until Zoe asked who I like.

"Um, I don't really know," I said. "I'm not really into anybody." I said.

"Oh, come on, that's a lie." Zoe said.

"Yeah, everybody knows that anybody who says that is a filthy liar. Fess up!" Courtney agreed.

"Well, last year I liked Ryan Greene. But I think he thinks I'm weird or something." I confessed.

They gasped. "Oh my God, no, honey, he does NOT think you're weird. Trust me." Courtney said.