You're Different • Haruka Nanase

Everyday was the same with you, go to school, practice (f/s) and go home. Most people never noticed you, they just walked past, enjoying their interesting and complex lives, whilst you stayed there, trapped in a black hole in which you couldn't escape.

Until you met him, the boy who pulled you out of the void, the boy that made your heart go crazy every time he passed you in the halls.

He didn't know this of course, nobody did. The boy would eye you curiously in class, and you would blush and cover your face with your hands. But that was all he'd do, and it'd be enough to make you push yourself harder everyday, hoping to catch his attention.

You placed first in (f/s) at nationals, and looked at the crowd, only to find him and a bunch of other students clapping. They all had smiles on their faces, but he just stood there, face blank, void of emotion.

I guess that's what drew you to him, his indifference to what everybody else does, his compassion for swimming and his weird obsession with water.

But one day you had enough of his indifference towards you. You strode towards his desk after class ended, only to find that the same bunch of other students that were in the crowd had surrounded his desk.

You sighed and walked away, but not before hearing a snip of gossip escape the blonde shota that was bouncing up and down excitedly.

''OH! OH! DID YOU HEAR! (y/n) HAS A CRUSH!''

You froze and turned to look at the boy and his friends, they had all realized you were still in the room and all had their eyes locked onto your figure.

''Is it true (y/n)-senpaii?'' A blue haired boy with glasses asked you.

''U-u-um w-well u-u-um'' You stuttered out, backing into the wall when you felt a pair of arms cage you in between them.

You looked up and saw the Haru, the boy that had eyed you ever since the term started, the boy you were madly in love with.

''Well?'' he asked in a monotone voice, making your heart thump loudly against your chest.

''Is it true?'' he whispered in your ear, his soft lips brushing your ear softly.

''Y-yes'' You breathed, he turned and looked at you, his bright blue orbs looking into your (e/c) ones.

''Meet me at the pool when school ends'' he says, and turns to walk away, the rest of his friends following.

You were breathing heavily when they left, He 'wants to meet me? why.....'  you thought to yourself and smiled slightly, before grabbing your books and heading off to your next class.

*Timeskip to after school*

You hurried to the pool after the bell rang, hoping you weren't late, seeing as you had a tendency to do so.

You arrived to see him there, looking at the pool with shining eyes. He immediately turned around to meet your gaze when he heard your footsteps approaching him.

''So, you came'' he said quietly, turning to face your slightly blushing figure.

''Um yeah, so why did you wa-'' You were cut off by a pair of soft, warm lips pressing against yours.

You widened your eyes to see Haru kissing you, his eyes shut and his cheeks slightly flushed.

You finally realized what was happening and started kissing back, wrapping your arms around his neck and pushing up against him.

His tongue swept against your bottom lip, asking for entrance. You smirked and kept your mouth closed only for him to glide his hand up your blouse and grope your breast making you gasp as he slid his tongue into your mouth.

Instead of fighting for dominance your tongues molded together, exploring every inch of each others.

After what seemed like forever you both had to break apart for air, you looked at him; Hair messed up, swollen lips and flushed cheeks and you felt your heart swell.

He smiled and held you close to him,

''You're
different'' he murmured to you, caressing your cheek softly.

''Everyday I look at you and I feel weird, like when I look at water except more intense''

You smile and hid your face in his chest, blushing. You couldn't believe this was happening. The boy that you had loved for so long is.... Confessing!

''I-I really like you (y/n)... No wait... I love you, ever since I saw you I knew you were for me'' he stuttered, clutching you to him.

You smiled and pulled away from him, looking him in the eye you nodded your head and said the words that made his heart beat faster than it did when he swam;

''I Love you too, Haru.''