Shatter Me • Makoto Tachibana

[ Listen To This As You Read!; https://youtu.be/49tpIMDy9BE ]

  I pirouette in the dark
I see the stars through a mirror

You was always depressed, even as a child. Other kids would laugh and play beside you, trying to make you laugh or smile, to interact with them. You would sit there nonchalantly and would blatantly ignore them, staring up at the dark grey sky, the clouds circulating over your hunched figure on the swing.

  Tired mechanical heart
Beats 'til the song disappears

Even in school you were quiet, you would answer the questions your teacher would give you, talk only when asked a question and would look out the window again, your dull (e/c) orbs would scan the sky, looking for any sign of colour. But all you were met with was grey. It was like your life was in black and white, no sign of colour anywhere.

  Somebody shine a light
I'm frozen by the fear in me
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me

When you entered Iwatobi High School things changed, students stopped trying to interact with you, teachers would stop asking you questions, and you were left alone, searching for a light in the never-ending darkness you were trapped in. You were scared, fearful even, of what you would become. You were alienated by the world, a mechanical soldier destined to be alone.

  So cut me from the line
Dizzy, spinning endlessly
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me

You started ditching class, hiding away on the rooftop, not disturbed by anything. No sound, no colour, just silence. You looked over at the boys at the entrance to the rooftop, they looked so happy, they're smiling, bubbly expressions made you wonder in curiousity what it must be like to be truly happy. You saw one turn its head towards you and ducked back into the shadows before they could see who was there.

  If only the clockwork could speak
I wouldn't be so alone

You swung on the swing you used to sit in during your childhood, looking out plainly at the happy families that crossed you. You looked up at the giant clocktower that stood tall in the middle of town, watching its metal hands tick alongside the smooth metal surface that lay before it, displaying its time proudly. You swung slowly, still captivated by the complex clockwork that lay before you. When you finally snapped out of your trance you saw a young man your age looking at you with wonder. You cocked your head to the side and he blushed and shuffled away. All that was on your mind was 'who...... Who was that boy?'

  We'd burn every magnet and spring
And spiral into the unknown

You continued to be fascinated by this boy that watched you, you started going back to class just to see the tall, green eyed male that watched you in wonder from the back of the class. You'd notice he would be up at the rooftop everyday, even without his friends and would watch your retreating figure as you shuffled into the shadows and stared up at the sky.

  If I break the glass then I'll have to fly
There's no one to catch me if I take a dive

You wanted to speak to him, you really did. But you couldn't, that was too big a risk. You had to remain in the shadows, you couldn't step out into the bright light, it was too late for you. The world had chosen your fate, to remain in the grey world devoid of colour and to tempt you with this green eyed wonder.

  I'm scared of change and the days stay the same
The world is spinning but only in gray

He had noticed your reluctance, he was observant. But he was also determined. Whilst you were staring at the sky he had stepped into the shadows and into your domain. You looked up with wide eyes as he reached out his hand and smiled. 'Come with me' he had said, 'I can help you, I can save you'. You had lifted up your hand when an invisible wall stopped you from connecting your hand with his, I guess it was meant to be this way. Him in his world, you in yours. Two worlds that were never meant to connect.

  Shatter me!
Somebody make me feel alive
And shatter me!

You had, had enough, you climbed the stairs to the rooftop and opened up the door, looking around you saw nobody. You had a ghost of a smile etched onto your face, you would have no interruptions, this time I shall be free from this dreaded world. You walked over to the shadows and breathed in the smoky air that surrounded you, faintly you heard the sound of running but you ignored it. You climbed up onto the wall surrounding the rooftop, you sighed and neared the edge. You closed your eyes and stepped off, expecting your throat to close and warm air to greet your body. But instead you heard a smash, like a window breaking and a warm body tackle you down onto the ground. Your eyes fluttered open to see the green eyed boy staring wide-eyed at you, his cheeks flushed from running and his body straddling yours. You gasped and looked up at the sky, ] bright blue and white fluffy clouds reflected in your (e/c) orbs. You turned back to him, tears forming at the edges of your eyes as you clung to him. 'I told you I would save you' he murmured against your neck. You turned to look at him as he smiled and rested his forehead against your own. 'All I needed was time.'

A/N- So this was my first Song fic, sorry if it sucked ;-;////// Anyways the song was 'Shatter Me' by Lindsay Stirling ft. Lzzy Hale. Thanks for reading! And pm me if you have a request! Bye xox -MysticMiao