Chapter Six

*Carter's POV*

As soon as the meeting ended, I said goodbye to my friends and went to my car. I turned the engine on and drove all the way to her house as fast as I could. I need to get there. Fast. I have so many questions that need to be answered now.

When I arrived at Andy's house, I went inside without bothering to knock or ring the doorbell. I've been here since I was toddler anyway.

"Roger, are you there?" I yelled.

"Oh Carter. It's been a while. Is there a problem?" Roger asked as he gestured for me to sit on the couch.

"Look, I don't understand what's happening. Andrea... she seems to be pretending to not know me or shall I say she's acting like she doesn't know me." I said.

Roger, Andrea's dad, sighed. "Sorry for not telling you this. I'm very sorry." Roger said.

"What do you mean?"

"My daughter... Andrea." He paused to look at me in the eye. "Do you remember when I left them here? I left them and went to London. Months after that, her mother and I divorced. They went to live in California and I came back here."

"What?" I asked in disbelief. "How did I not know that?"

"When I came back, you asked why Andrea left without telling you the reason." Roger continued. "I told you that she doesn't want you anymore and went to live somewhere else, right?"

I nodded. Roger continued, "That was a lie and I'm sorry for that. They left because Andrea's mother doesn't want any connections of me near her and our daughter. Then an accident happened and Andrea lost all her memories."

Lost all her memories?

"Her mother told Andrea everything but I think she forgot to mention you." Roger said with a sad smile. "Now, I know this is lot to accept but... please, understand her and our family problems."

"Why..." I whispered.

"She was your best friend. She is your best friend. She will be your best friend." Roger stated.

And with that, the door opened and I heard an all too familiar voice. "Dad, where are my-" She trailed off. "Carter?"

~~~

*Andy's POV*

"Carter?"

"Hey." Carter greeted. "Thanks for the talk, Roger. I have to go." He said to my dad and left.

"First name basis?" I asked my dad.

"Yeah." He said in a sad voice. "Anyway, what do you want for dinner?" My dad asked in a too energetic voice.

I eyed him suspiciously. "What's wrong dad? Why is Carter here a while ago?"

"Nothing. Now what do you want to eat?" He asked.

He is acting suspiciously but I let it go. "I'm gonna go to a

party."

He shrugged and went to the kitchen. Such an irresponsible father. He didn't even bother to warn me and all. I huffed and went to my room.

Going to a party isn't a big deal. Just gonna wear some black crop top and skinny jeans. Done. Oh let's not forget my black converse. I sighed as I grabbed my comb and began to comb my hair. I'm in the mood for a natural look tonight. No need to curl, no need to straighten my hair. I put on some light make-up and grabbed my black and white purse.

As soon as I opened the front door, I heard a car honking. "Right on time." I said as I sat on the passenger's seat.

Amber shrugged. "You look wonderful." She said with a smile.