Chapter Seven

Like all those cliche' scenarios, I woke up with a throbbing pain at the side of my head. Hangover. I groaned and forced myself to get out of my bed. I don't even remember a thing from the party last night. I just know that I went to a party, got myself drunk, I got home by God knows what and that's it.

I went downstairs to take some aspirin but stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a familiar face.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Well, to take responsibility." He shrugged.

I was taken aback by his reponse. "What?"

"I said, to take responsibility." He repeated.

"D-did you got me pregnant?" I asked. "Oh my god, Carter. I have so much more to experience. I'm still young! You could've used protection... y-you ruined my life! I need to graduate high school, I need to go college! Do you even know what my dream is? My dream is to be an artist. Not artist as in a painter. An artist as in a singer, a dancer. But I can't achieve it now because you got me pregnant!" I ranted.

Instead of responding, Carter just stared at me with amusement in his eyes.

"What?" I asked furiously.

"I got you pregnant..." He stated which sounded more like a question. "You think I got you pregnant?" He asked with a smirk. "Good news, bad news. Good news, I didn't got you pregnant. Bad news, you can't have me as your husband." Carter said with a wink.

"I'm not pregnant then?" I said happily. Thank God. "But you said 'take responsibility'."

"Take responsibility. I got you drunk so I'm here to take responsibility." He explained. My mouth formed an 'o' shape while he grabbed a glass of water and an aspirin. "Take this." He commanded and I gulped the aspirin down.

"Thanks. I'm just gonna go now. See you later." I said as I ran all the way to my bedroom.

That. Was. Embarassing.

I could feel my cheeks heat up as I shut the door to my bedroom. What was I thinking? I sighed as I sat down on my bed, figuring things out. When did Carter become an I-am-here-for-you-and-you-can-trust-me guy? He was such a snob but now he've changed. And it's frightening because I don't know if this was a good change or a bad one. I hope it's not the latter.

~~~

"I'm not surprised that half of the school body didn't show up today. We were in a party the night before, did they expect all of us to wake up very early in the morning just to go to school? Answer's no." Amber stated.

"Yeah, but it's a little disappointing for the teachers." Riles commented.

"Let them suck it up." Sandy said.

I rolled my eyes jokingly. We're in my house right now, gossiping in the middle of the night. Well, that's what we do. "Anyway, there's good news. No classes next week. Like the whole week." I reported.

"What? Why?" Sandy asked.

"It's holiday." I replied.

"What holiday?" Riles asked suspiciously, but I could see the excitement in her eyes.

"That I don't know." I said as I smile innocently while they just rolled their eyes.

"Okay I'm gonna change the topic. What's new on the boys?" Riles asked with a wink.

"Tyler and I are the same as usual. Sparks are there, butterflies still in my stomach. So yeah, I love him." Sandy said, beaming.

"That goes for me and Jake." Riles agreed. "What about you two? Any boys on your mind right now?" Riles asked, wiggling her eyes.

That boy... his name starts with C. I smiled at the thought. Carter. As in C-A-R-T-E-R. Yes, him. And I don't know if I'm starting to like him because that's kind of gross. I would never like that snob. Like never. And my commitment is strong.

"Nobody." Amber said in response and I know she's lying. If I could just spell it out for her. C-O-L-T-O-N. Colton. Oh my gosh, I'm a big AMTON fan now. Like their no. 1 fan. I giggled at the thought.

"No one at all." I said.

"Are you sure?" Sandy asked the both of us.

"Like a hundred and one percent sure." Amber responded.

"True." I agreed.

"Well, with that said. Both of you are gonna come with us next week since it's holiday. Don't worry though, we're just gonna have fun and meet cute boys." Riles suggested.

"You have a boyfriend." Amber said, frowning.

"It doesn't hurt to meet somebody cute. Besides, I'm not gonna date the boy that I'll meet." Riles defended.

"Plus, all the four boys are coming." Sandy added.

"I think this will end up bad." I commented. Like really bad. Especially with the two couples. I mean, hello? Ever heard of jealousy? If you have well, be aware.

"Well, I think it's fun so shut your ass up now and stop whining. I'm hungry, gimme food." Amber stated.

"Bossy much? Besides, you like him. You just can't meet up with people and date them like that. Your attraction to him is like a magnet and the tension when the both of you are in the same room is so unbearable. You need to hook up with him." I responded.

Amber gasped and the two girls had the what-did-you-just-say look on their face. I stuck my tongue out at them and went running for my life.

Life is fun. Sarcasm inserted.

~~~

"How could you not told us?" Riles shrieked.

"We could set you up. Gosh, I love this." Sandy stated.

I laughed as Amber started to become a tomato. "She's so in love with him."

"Seriously though, why didn't you told us before? I mean, I know Colton's very hot but I didn't actually thought that you would like him." Sandy replied.

"You weren't worthy enough." I replied, sticking out my tongue at her. That statement was familiar though. Like it was spoken to me some time before.

Both Riles and Sandy gasped and began slapping my arm which actually hurts. Amber has not spoken a word yet. I think she is mad. Uh oh. "Amber, are you mad?" I croaked.

"No." Amber said, which made me let out a sigh of relief. "But if you would say a word of that to a soul, I will kill you." Amber threatened.

"Yes, ma'am." All the three of us answered at the exact time.

"Good."

______________________________________

A/N: This is like the shortest chapter I've written in this story yet. I dunno what got into me but this chapter was just all random stuffs. But yeah, it was mentioned that there will be a holiday! Well, drama starts there.

Okay so a little spoiler next chapter. It's not really a spoiler, it's sort of like a sneak peek. So yeah next chappy, will be the holiday. So the start of the real drama. There was a drama between Amber, Colton, Andy, and Carter within the previous chapters but that was just the icebreaker. Meet new characters which you would hate for life, I guess. But some of you might like them. Most of you won't. So let's say YAY.

Anyway, let's talk about this chapter. Andy starting to like Carter? Yes or No? Read the book description again. 'Andy trying her best not to fall in love with Carter' or something between those lines. So let's say UH OH.

Okay, that's enough spoiler and info for you guys. Let's say HOORAY.

Anyway, keep calm and read Back Again.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and enjoy Back Again.

-AlexaPie