Chapter 34

Marie's (Marionette's) P.O.V

I walked down the musty halls, searching for Joshua. At best, he needed my warning and ran back home.

Home.

Home with Mom and Dad, happy, happy. Joshua is lucky, he still has Mom and Dad. His reality is a dream compared to mine. A dream, a dream.

At worst, he...he was...murdered like me.

Joshua has to be alive, he has to, HE HAS TO!

I walked down the dark hallway, searching for Joshua.

Squish, squish, I felt something break under my feet.

I lifted up my foot to see an eyeball, as blue as the sea.

I began to worry as I found fresh blood tainting the floor.

Then, I found the body.

The body was a girl's body, her brown hair was tousled, and one eye missing.

She was gone, gone forever.

This girl needed to live, she needs to live. She...will live.

Then, the most brilliant idea came to mind. A terrible and selfish one.

I dashed to the storeroom, with no time to lose, and grabbed a yellow chicken costume.

This girl will live! SHE WILL LIVE!

The girl now had a new home

I ran about trying to find the others, they will have their revenge. I will have my revenge. I.

I found another girl with blonde hair as fine as gold. She will live, she will live.

SHE WILL LIVE.

I found a boy with brown hair, his body was mangled, his hand outstretched to the blonde-hair girl.

He will live, he will live!

HE WILL LIVE!

I brought them back, now I desperately need to find my little Joshua. My Joshua, my Joshua.

I walked the halls to find my Joshua. My Joshua.

I found him.

His broken body was spread out on the floor, a knife in his chest.

My Joshua...was...dead.

He must live, he must live.

My Joshua must live.

HE MUST LIVE!

Live.

Live.

*End of Book One*