Let The Flames Begin

this story is weird af. i wrote it a really long time ago and i'm not sure if i'm going to finish it. pls don't judge me

"Okay, so can you tell me what happened in the time leading up to Action Cat's death?" I ask.

The two girls sitting on the chairs in front of me exchange a nervous look, reluctant to answer. It should be expected - they're practically traumatized from what happened. With good reason, too. Anyone would be.

A shivering blonde by the name of Lexi gives her friend Quinn a little nudge, a quiet signal that she isn't ready to talk and won't be for a while.

"Well... I guess I'll start from as far back as I can," Quinn starts. "It sort of all started when the first attack happened."

Lexi and I were out walking around the city, picking up some stuff for Frank, our boss. Lexi is his photographer, and I help him find new stories to write articles on. We bought some new film, a camera strap, and batteries. It wasn't too busy in the streets that day, so it didn't take too long to get to the store, which is owned by Josh, one of our good friends. While we were walking back, I looked up into the sky and saw a big blue ball of... something. At first I thought it was nothing, until it began to flash a bright light. "Oh shit," Lexi muttered, almost dropping the bag. I tugged on her arm and pulled her along, breaking into a run.

"We have to tell Frank!" I yelled, stumbling. "Do you even know what that thing is?" Lexi yelled back.

"No idea!"

We continued along the streets, and took a shortcut through an alley to get to Frank's office building. When we got there, I shoved open the doors, running toward Frank's desk. "FRANK!" I practically screamed, causing him to spill his coffee over some papers. "Quinn, what the hell?! I just spilled my coffee! That cost me 5 bucks. What could possibly be so important?" Frank exclaimed.

I leaned over onto his desk. "You're going to want to see this."

Frank's P.O.V.

I grabbed my jacket and hurried out the door, following the two friends. I had never seen Quinn like this before. Usually Quinn was impossible to impress, and never really batted an eye. But this, this was different. I struggled to keep up with them as we hurried through the streets of New Jersey, pushing through the enormous crowd of people that had formed. Lexi grabbed my arm and shouted, "Look!" As she pointed towards the sky. I lifted my head and gazed up in the clouds, catching sight of a big blue ball of... something. It was bright. Too bright. Like some hellish, blue second sun. "Holy shit," I mumbled. "Yeah, exactly," Lexi replied, looking over at me.

Just as I knelt down to take out a camera, I felt the ground shake. I froze, looking up at Lexi and Quinn. "What the hell was that?" Quinn asked, her face pale, eyes wide. She inched closer to Lexi, grabbing onto her. Lexi looked up again. "I think it was... that."

As if on queue, the big ball flashed brightly, spreading across the city, striking a building and causing it to collapse. Falling. Toward us.

"Lexi, Quinn, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY!" I shouted, grabbing onto both of them and dragging them across the street. Quinn lost her balance and slipped forward, crashing face first into the concrete. As she looked up at me, I could see her lip was bleeding. I grabbed her arm and led her forward. "Lexi, get a picture!" I yelled. Lexi struggled to find her camera before taking several pictures. Soon a light post was struck, crushing several cars on its way down.

"What are we going to do?" Lexi exclaimed, looking over at me. "I... I don't fucking know what to do!" I yelled. People were screaming, running away from the destruction, getting in their cars, driving away. I heard police sirens, but I knew they wouldn't be able to stop whatever blue orb was in the sky. I mean, what the hell could?